NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
London, Greater London, United Kingdom, 2012/06/29 - The Chilean packaging industry registered strong growth during the review period growing with a CAGR of 5.76%, supported by both growing food exports and the entry of major industry competitors into the domestic market-BRICdata.com.
The Chilean packaging industry registered strong growth during the review period growing with a CAGR of 5.76%, supported by both growing food exports and the entry of major industry competitors into the domestic market. The food and beverages sector remains the growth key driver of the domestic packaging industry, and is supported by export demand and easy access to raw materials. Over the forecast period the industry is expected to grow at a CAGR 6.71%. As the domestic demand for packaging materials increases in line with the recovery in the economy, the Chilean packaging industry is expected to record an improving level of investment. Improving quality standards indicate an increased growth rate for the industry over the forecast period.
Key highlights of this title
• Despite a decline in GDP during 2008–2009, the anticipated economic growth is expected to provide an impetus to the Chilean packaging industry.
• Increased hygiene measures are driving the need for technologically-advanced packaging machinery in the personal care and pharmaceutical industries.
• Active and smart packaging has been gaining popularly in Chile’s food and beverage industry. Companies use active packaging to preserve the quality and extend the shelf life of food.
• Business-friendly regulations resulted in high levels of supplier activity in the Chilean packaging market. This, coupled with an increased export demand, has led to local packaging manufacturers following, and maintaining, international quality standards
• In terms of end-user markets, the food and beverage industry accounts for nearly 73.5% of the packaging market, while the pharmaceutical sector represents 9%.
• This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the packaging industry in Chile
• It provides historical values for Chile’s packaging industry for the report’s 2007–2011 review period and forecast figures for the 2012–2016 forecast period
• It offers a detailed analysis of the key categories in Chile’s packaging industry, along with market forecasts until 2016
• It details the different macroeconomic factors affecting the packaging industry in Chile
• It covers an exhaustive summary on the key trends and drivers affecting the end-user markets in packaging
• Using Porter’s industry-standard “Five Forces” analysis, it details the competitive landscape in Chile for the packaging industry
• It outlines current regulatory framework in the industry.
• Make strategic business decisions using top-level historic and forecast market data related to the Chilean packaging industry and each category within it
• Understand the key market trends and growth opportunities within the Chilean packaging industry
• Assess the competitive dynamics in the packaging industry
• Identify the growth opportunities and industry dynamics within five key packaging categories
• Gain insights into key regulations governing the Chilean packaging industry
Product code: PK0044MR
BRICdata (bricdata.com) specializes in the provision of strategic intelligence on emerging markets that helps suppliers in developed markets identify, pursue and achieve growth opportunities.