As the world’s largest producer and consumer of milk products, India represents one of the world’s most lucrative dairy markets. IMARC Group, one of the world’s leading research and advisory firms, finds in its new report entitled ““Indian Dairy Market Report & Forecasts 2012-2017” that driven by a strong growth in both urban and rural demands, the market for milk products in India is expected to surpass US$ 150 Billion by 2017.
This study, an updated and far more extensive and analytical version of our popular 2011 study, provides and draws upon a comprehensive analysis of every major dairy segment in India. The study, which has been undertaken using both desk research and two waves of qualitative primary research, has analyzed three aspects of the Indian dairy market.
The first section quantifies the Indian dairy market into fourteen major segments and investigates the current and future opportunities in each of these segments. The second section provides an in-depth understanding of dairy consumption patterns among Indian consumers and the potential of value added dairy products. The third section investigates into the usage of natural colouration in dairy products and evaluates their current and future potential.
What we have achieved in this report:
• Comprehensive situation analysis of the Indian dairy market and its dynamics:
Segments covered: Milk, UHT Milk, Curd, Butter, Ghee, Paneer, Cheese, Skimmed Milk Powder, Tea, Coffee, Dairy Whiteners, Infant Nutrition, Malt Beverages and Ice Cream
Focus of the analysis in each Class:
• Drivers and challenges in each market
• Historical, current & future sales trends (2006 - 2017)
• Historical, current & future volume trends (2006 - 2017)
• Historical, current & future price trends (2006 - 2017)
• Size and analysis of the organized and unorganized markets
• Structure of the market
• Key players and products available in these markets
• Understanding the dairy consumption patterns of Indian consumers and evaluating the potential of value added products:
In order to gain an insight into the awareness and acceptance levels of value added dairy products, IMARC Conducted in-depth interviews with Industry experts and consumers in major metropolitan and tier-1 cities in India
Focus of the analysis:
• Buying behavior
• Price sensitivity
• Nutritional requirements
• Consumer awareness of value added products
• Brand loyalty and switching trends
• Potential of value added dairy products in India
• Understanding the current landscape of natural colouration in dairy products
Classes Covered: Butter, Cheese, Yoghurt, Margarine, Flavored Milk and Ice Cream
Focus of the analysis:
• Size of the natural colouration market in India
• Key drivers and challenges in the market
• Usage of natural colouration in dairy products
Information has been sourced from both primary and secondary sources:
• Primary sources include industry surveys and face to face/telephone interviews with consumers and industry experts.
• Secondary sources include proprietary databases and search engines. These sources include company websites and reports, books, trade journals, magazines, white papers, industry portals, government sources and access to more than 4000 paid databases.
To buy the complete report or to get a free sample, please contact:
IMARC Group Asia
E: apac[.]imarcgroup.com / P: +91-120-415-5099
IMARC Group North America
E: america[.]imarcgroup.com / P: +1-631-791-1145
IMARC Group Europe, Middle East & Africa
E:ema[.]imarcgroup.com / P: +44-702-409-7331