Gartner Security and Risk Management Summit – Trustwave, a leading provider of cloud-based compliance and information security solutions, today unveiled new and enhanced security solutions that help organizations protect against the growing number of stealthy and sophisticated targeted cyber security attacks.
Trustwave has enhanced its award-winning Secure Web Gateway, Secure Email Gateway, Network Access Control (NAC), Managed Unified Threat Management (UTM) and File Integrity Monitoring products, while also delivering the new Trustwave Vulnerability Manager. These Trustwave solutions prevent malware from entering the environment by detecting attacks through the Web and email, stop the propagation of malware from compromised devices and stop the infection of other devices.
Using social media sites like LinkedIn, cybercriminals can easily identify individuals within organizations that most likely have access to confidential data. Once attackers have found their target, they employ sophisticated methods to exploit holes in an organizations’ security posture while remaining undetected as they steal information. As reported in the Trustwave 2012 Global Security Report, attackers had an average of 173.5 days in their target's environment before detection and 84 percent of organizations were unable to self-detect a data breach.
That dismal level of detection and protection of malware has a high cost. A recent Ponemon study that surveyed more than 2,500 C-level and IT security personnel from around the world, reported that targeted attacks cost enterprises an average of $214,000, with most of the cost related to “forensic investigation, investments in technology and brand recovery costs.
"Targeted malware attacks are of deep concern for many organizations today," says Wendy Nather, research director for enterprise security at 451 Research. "And relying on anti-malware products alone is no longer sufficient. Trustwave is combining many of its technologies, such as secure web and email gateways, network access control and vulnerability management, creating a multi-dimensional approach to addressing this widespread threat."
“Cybercriminals understand and take advantage of the fact that most organizations rely on limited point security products that operate in silos,” said Patrick McGregor, senior vice president of product management, Trustwave. “With our new and enhanced lineup of unified security solutions, Trustwave offers a multi-pronged approach against targeted attacks by delivering not only security in layers but also security that is coordinated.”
Enhanced Trustwave solutions that prevent malware from entering an organizations’ environment include:
• Trustwave Secure Web Gateway: With an estimated 50 percent of all targeted attacks occurring through the Web, Web security protection is vital. The improved, award-winning Trustwave Secure Web Gateway provides in-line, proactive Web-based malware detection of client-side attacks. The newest release also includes policy management enhancements, and ICAP (Internet Content Adaptation Protocol) client support which enables better detection of sensitive data leaks. Additionally, for organizations with remote offices and roaming users, Trustwave Secure Web Gateway now includes a new hybrid platform deployment option – protecting remote offices and roaming users and information from threats.
• Trustwave MailMarshal Secure Email Gateway: The Trustwave MailMarshal Secure Email Gateway provides advanced protection against blended and targeted attacks by detecting embedded, malicious URL's regardless of what device is used to access the email. When the recipient clicks on the link it’s scanned by the Trustwave Blended Threat Module, a cloud-based service that performs real-time code analysis on the requested webpage to prevent malware from infiltrating the network.
Enhanced Trustwave solutions that prevent malware from propagating include:
• Trustwave Network Access Control: The award-winning Trustwave Network Access Control (NAC) solution prevents the propagation of malware-based attacks by recognizing, isolating and removing malware-infected devices from the network. For smaller network environments, Trustwave now also offers an affordable option for managing a defined number of endpoints.
• Trustwave File Integrity Monitoring: The cloud-based, enhanced Trustwave File Integrity Monitoring solution provides an essential early warning indicator of potential malicious activity and the presence of malware in the network environment by providing insight into critical file and registry changes. Enhancements make understanding complex file changes and modifications easier using simple, non-jargon terms.
Enhanced Trustwave solutions that prevent malware from compromising other critical assets include:
• Trustwave Managed Unified Threat Management: Featuring new Web filtering capabilities and an enhanced intrusion prevention system (IPS) that is powered by Trustwave SpiderLabs-authored signature libraries, Trustwave Managed Unified Threat Management reduces the time window and opportunity for malware to enter an organization’s environment.
• Trustwave Vulnerability Manager: The new Trustwave Vulnerability Manager provides internal and external vulnerability scanning based on Trustwave SpiderLabs’ technology. This cloud-based security service helps protect organizations by identifying and reporting network security vulnerabilities to reduce the attack surface that can be exploited by cybercriminals to carry out malware attacks.
Free On-Demand Webinar: “Best Practices to Protect Against Targeted Malware Attacks”
Trustwave is offering a free, on-demand webinar about preventing targeted malware attacks. The webinar, which features 451 Research Analyst Wendy Nather and Trustwave Vice President of Product Marketing Manu Namboodiri, highlights where companies may be vulnerable to targeted attacks; best practices on preventing intrusion, propagation, vulnerabilities and data exfiltration; and how Trustwave unifies Web, email and network security solutions to detect, block, isolate and prevent targeted attacks.
Trustwave (trustwave.com) is a leading provider of compliance, Web, application, network and data security solutions delivered through the cloud, managed security services, software and appliances. For organizations faced with today's challenging data security and compliance environment, Trustwave provides a unique approach with comprehensive solutions that include its TrustKeeper® portal and other proprietary security solutions. Trustwave has helped hundreds of thousands of organizations--ranging from Fortune 500 businesses and large financial institutions to small and medium-sized retailers--manage compliance and secure their network infrastructures, data communications and critical information assets. Trustwave is headquartered in Chicago with offices worldwide.