The SORTEX E1D deploys the most advanced technology to detect extraneous vegetable matter (EVM) and foreign material (FM) in frozen fruit, berries and vegetables in the process line, bulk to bulk and packaging lines. The SORTEX E1D delivers a genuinely innovative solution that detects contaminants more accurately and rejects them more efficiently than is possible with other technologies.
The Ultimate in Quality Optical Sorting
Advanced feed, vision and ejection technologies provide high capacity sorting within a small footprint.
The SORTEX E1D double-sided sorting solution is designed for frozen fruit, berry and vegetable process lines to ensure an efficient and high quality product yield. High quality sorting comes with a state-of- the-art inspection system using visible bi-chromatic cameras to detect small and subtle colour defects plus PROfile (shape) technology to detect objects by their shape. The SORTEX E1D can be used as a colour and shape sorter directly after the freezer tunnel to detect both gross and subtle blemishes. In addition, an optional InGaAs technology camera can be installed to detect stray packaging materials such as wood, plastic or cardboard in packing lines or bulk to bulk sorting situations. InGaAs technology offers an elegant solution that enables processors to cope with challenging defects such as dark stones in blueberries or cigarette filters in mushrooms.
Design and Technology
- Double-sided viewing gives even better detection of subtle defects as more of the product is visible
- Advanced PROfile (shape) technology enables the removal of defective material by using hardware processing to measure multiple shape characteristics of each object between viewing and ejection zones
- High-definition colour sorting using in-house manufactured cameras ensures enhanced detection to facilitate removal of EVM
- InGaAs technology cameras may be fitted, as an option, for advanced FM removal – typically pale wood, cardboard and plastic
- A compact transfer vibrator ensures an accurate feed of product to the vision area for a more precise detection of potential defects
- Inbuilt reject conveyor to carry product to either side of the sorter for collection – so making the installation easier
- Pre-set modes for a range of products together with an automatic optical filter changer that selects the correct filter for sorting requirements automatically
- Stable operation means that calibration is required only once a week. More consistent sorting performance is delivered, without operator intervention, resulting in less downtime
- Economical running with low power consumption and single phase supply
- The stainless steel open design makes cleaning easy and offers a hygienic installation
- Highest quality, warranty and aftercare using the SORTEX Total Care package.