TOGAF is a framework for the design, planning, implementation and governance of an enterprise architecture, enabling modeling and analysis of Business, Application, Data and Technology levels of an enterprise. Extending Avolution’s existing certification to TOGAF 8 (including version 8.1), ABACUS 4.0’s support of the new TOGAF 9 and 9.1 standards, and formal certification, is based on ‘out-of-the-box’ functionality conformance with 98% of the framework requirements, including all the entities, relationships, artifacts/views and deliverables of the TOGAF 9 and 9.1 Architecture Content Framework.
“Through its certification from The Open Group, Avolution can provide customers with assurance that ABACUS conforms to industry best-practice open standards” said Dr Tim O'Neill, founder of Avolution. “This means that organisations needing to base their Enterprise or Solution Architectures on TOGAF can utilise ABACUS 4.0, as well as Avolution's training, professional services and partners”.
Dr O’Neill added,"Avolution has a long history of standards participation, and we’re proud to have contributed to the evolving TOGAF standard, which has become the most popular industry standard on architecture."
In addition to TOGAF, ABACUS also supports a wide range of other frameworks and notations out-of-the-box, including; ArchiMate, DoDAF/MoDAF, FEAF, PEAF, BPMN and UML. ABACUS's ontological approach means that meta-models are very easily modified or created, all through 'right-clicks' or ‘drag-and-drops’ in the standard GUI.
Avolution (avolution.eu) provides the ABACUS® solution which is unique to the enterprise modelling space in that it can create multiple solution alternatives (architectures) and then run various simulations (Discrete Event, Monte Carlo etc) against each alternative for metrics such as Performance, Cost and Agility. In so doing it can recommend the optimal path for investment, with predictive and quantitative certainty.
• Build any number of solution alternatives and views all according to a completely flexible meta-model.
• Analyse your architecture(s) for metrics such as; Total Cost of Ownership (TCO), Performance, Availability, Agility and many more.
• View the architecture(s) and the results of any evaluation using advanced techniques such as; 3D, heat maps, capability spaces and trade-off diagrams.
About the Open Group
The Open Group is a global consortium that enables the achievement of business objectives through IT standards. With more than 400 member organizations, we have a diverse membership that spans all sectors of the IT community — customers, systems and solutions suppliers, tool vendors, integrators and consultants, as well as academics and researchers to:
• Capture, understand and address current and emerging requirements, and establish policies and share best practices;
• Facilitate interoperability, develop consensus, and evolve and integrate specifications and open source technologies;
• Offer a comprehensive set of services to enhance the operational efficiency of consortia;
• Operate the industry’s premier certification service.
Renate Krelle, Communications Manager, Avolution (UK) Ltd.
T: 020 7554 5600 - E: renate.krelle[.]avolution.eu.