NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
Aliso Viejo, CA, United States, 2012/05/23 - Quest Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: QSFT) announced the availability of vRanger® 5.4, the latest version of the company’s purpose-built VMware backup, replication and recovery solution - Quest.com. NASDAQ: QSFT
The newest release enables plug-and-play integration with EMC’s Data Domain Boost software, improves overall ease of use by simplifying installation, configuration, and management, and delivers enhanced scalability.
• vRanger 5.4 includes support for EMC Data Domain Boost software, meaning users can configure their vRanger backup jobs to stream directly to a Data Domain system. The new integration delivers significantly faster throughput, reduced network traffic, and shortened backup windows for vRanger customers backing up to a Data Domain system.
o With the latest enhancements in vRanger 5.4, Data Domain Boost can distribute parts of the deduplication process to the vRanger server. As a result, vRanger streams only unique data to the Data Domain system, thus reducing backup times by up to 40 percent, according to internal tests.
• The new release also delivers a host of enhancements designed to provide a more seamless out-of-the-box experience for vRanger customers, including centralized, wizard-driven Virtual Appliance (VA) deployment for faster time-to-value; wizard-driven VSS tools configuration for automation of repetitive tasks; and cluster support from a single VA for greater ease of use.
• In addition, customers can now achieve increased scalability by executing backup and restores directly from the vRanger VA.
o Users can back up, restore, and replicate virtual machine data directly through the vRanger VA; perform Linux File Level Recovery (FLR); and centrally control VAs and backup jobs directly from the vRanger server.
John Maxwell, Vice President of Product Management, Data Protection, Quest Software
“In today’s fast-paced business world, SMBs have neither the budget, nor the bandwidth to spend countless hours managing complicated backup and recovery products. Instead, they need plug-and-play solutions that deliver a seamless out-of-box experience and enable them to achieve quick returns on their technology investments. With vRanger 5.4, Quest is taking its commitment to providing an easy-to-use virtual data protection solution to another level, delivering a host of new capabilities designed to simplify life for the VMware admin, including support for EMC’s popular Data Domain Boost technology.”
Hugues Meyrath, VP BRS Product Management, EMC Corporation
“Quest vRanger integration with Data Domain Boost software extends the optimization capabilities of Data Domain to virtualized SMB environments. Data Domain Boost software greatly reduces the amount of data backed up, the amount of backup data transferred over the network and the amount of backup storage space required. This significantly increases backup speeds to help our joint customers meet shrinking backup windows."
• vRanger community: communities.quest.com/community/vranger
• Twitter: twitter.com/#!/Quest | Facebook: quest.com/facebook | LinkedIn: quest.com/linkedin | Quest TV: quest.com/tv/
Established in 1987, Quest Software (quest.com) provides simple and innovative IT management solutions that enable more than 100,000 global customers to save time and money across physical and virtual environments. Quest products solve complex IT challenges ranging from database management, data protection, identity and access management, monitoring, user workspace management to Windows management.
Quest, Quest Software and the Quest logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Quest Software in the United States and certain other countries. vRanger is a trademark or registered trademark of Vizioncore Inc. in the United States and certain other countries. All other trademarks and registered trademarks are property of their respective owners.