NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
Arezzo, Italy, 2012/05/18 - SECO presents in a first-ever preview the CUDA® on ARM DevKit, codename CARMA, at the GPU Technology Conference - SECO.com.
The CUDA® on ARM DevKit, codename CARMA, is a GPU computing development kit created to support the growing demand for energy-efficient computing initiatives around the world for all those developers looking for Energy-Efficient HPC on ARM solutions.
Powered by an NVIDIA® Tegra® 3 quad-core ARM-based processor and an NVIDIA® CUDA®-enabled GPU, the CARMA DevKit, developed by SECO, supports energy-efficient HPC projects using ARM-based GPU computing.
Its strengths lay on two main attributes: CARMA is green and scalable at the same time, thanks to the configurability in cluster for HPC applications.
CARMA DevKit was already consecreted at the end of 2011 by BSC - Barcelona Supercomputing Center, thanks to the first release of a 256 nodes cluster.
Today, attention is already focused on the next challenge: a 1,000 nodes super cluster.
CARMA DevKit will be sold as a package containing:
• Quadmo747-X/T30 - Qseven 1.2 specs module, Tegra 3 with 2 GB RAM and 4GB eMMC
• Quadro 1000M
• Carma carrier board
• Power supply
• Cable kit
• Energy-efficient Tegra® 3 quad-Core ARM A9 processor with 2GB processor memory
• NVIDIA® Quadro® 1000M GPU with 96 CUDA® cores and 2GB DDR3 memory
• 270 single precision GFlops performance
• 4x PCIe Gen1 link connecting processor to GPU
• 1 Gigabit Ethernet Network support
• Direct attach storage support with SATA port
• USB ports.
In order to receive priority when ordering the CARMA DevKit upon launch, developers need to pre-register at seco.com/carmakit.