NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
Austin, TX, United States, 2012/04/30 - National Instruments announced the NI PXIe-4357 RTD module, the latest addition to its SC Express sensor measurement family for PXI Express - NI.com. NASDAQ: NATI
• Resistance temperature detector (RTD) module expands measurement capabilities to offer excellent temperature accuracy;
• Engineers can use the NI PXIe-4357 RTD module with the NI SC Express family, PXI and the LabVIEW Real-Time Module to create reliable sensor measurement systems that scale from tens to thousands of channels;
• SC Express combines data acquisition and signal conditioning in a single PXI module for high-performance, reliable sensor measurements optimized for speed and accuracy.
National Instruments today announced the NI PXIe-4357 RTD module, the latest addition to its SC Express sensor measurement family for PXI Express. The high-performance module is optimized for temperature measurements with Pt100 RTD sensors for a variety of thermal monitoring applications. The NI PXIe-4357 module integrates sensor-specific signal conditioning with 24-bit ADCs to sample all 20 channels at 100 S/s and offers typical accuracies of up to 0.09 degrees Celsius. To expand a system’s channel count, engineers can integrate additional NI PXIe-4357 modules or use other SC Express modules to add complementary sensor inputs including thermocouples, strain gages, accelerometers and FBG optical sensors to the same system.
“We designed SC Express to improve measurement accuracy and reliability by integrating signal conditioning and AD conversion into a single module,” said Kevin Schultz, vice president of R&D for National Instruments. “Because SC Express is based on the PXI Express platform, engineers can easily expand their channel counts or synchronize with other measurement or control modules to meet the specific requirements of their test application.”
NI PXIe-4357 RTD Module
• Offers 20 channels that integrate 24-bit delta-sigma analog-to-digital converters with antialiasing and low-pass filters;
• Acquires at sampling rates up to 100 S/s/ch and accuracies up to 0.09 degrees Celsius;
• Delivers the industry’s most reliable measurements with full support on LabVIEW Real-Time;
• Synchronizes with other members of SC Express family within the same PXI chassis, across chassis or across facilities.
Readers can learn more by viewing these additional resources:
• Product Details Page: ni.com/sc-express
• Technical White Paper: zone.ni.com/devzone/.
About National Instruments
Since 1976, National Instruments (ni.com) has equipped engineers and scientists with tools that accelerate productivity, innovation and discovery. NI’s graphical system design approach to engineering provides an integrated software and hardware platform that speeds the development of any system needing measurement and control. The company’s long-term vision and focus on improving society through its technology supports the success of its customers, employees, suppliers and shareholders.