NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
London, United Kingdom, 2012/03/20 - Celeno Communications, a provider of high-performance Wi-Fi chips and software for HD multimedia home networking applications announced that its technology has been chosen by numerous vendors to stream wireless video at IP&TV World Forum - Celeno.com.
Among the partners utilizing Celeno's chips to stream wireless video at the IP&TV World Forum, which runs from March 20-22, 2012 in London, are:
• Anevia, a leader in video streaming solutions and service infrastructure for live TV and video on demand (VOD);
• Amino, leaders in IPTV/OTT solutions;
• Espial, a leading provider of on-demand TV software and software services;
• LEA, a leading provider of PLC, broadband DSL access and Home Networking solutions for telecom carriers, ISPs and retailers;
• Orca Interactive, a leading innovative provider of IPTV and OTT middleware and applications;
• Zappware, a leading developer of off-the-shelf and custom-designed digital television (iDTV) solutions.
Celeno will also demonstrate its CLR260, announced this past January, running on the Ikanos VX185 A/VDSL2 platform, a high performance G.Vector-compliant communications processor designed specifically for the next-generation of IPTV and services gateways. This will provide OEM’s and service providers with a tightly integrated, high performing Wi-Fi solution for triple play gateways with optimized throughput/range, QoS and low PER over time and over multiple clients.
Lior Weiss, VP Marketing at Celeno
"Celeno's technology and products will be utilized to stream HD video to numerous iPads, laptops and televisions across the show floor. Supporting a range of applications, Celeno's technology delivers the highest levels of performance and reliability while ensuring the highest quality of service to multiple screens."
Celeno's Product Portfolio
Celeno will showcase its full Wi-Fi chip product suite optimized for robust wireless video streaming throughout the home. Celeno's 802.11n video-grade product offering, which features 3x3 with digital beam forming and the company’s OptimizAIR™ suite, consists of the following:
• CL1800 SoC Family – Access points, bridges, multi-room DVRs and routers - a highly integrated silicon solution combining 802.11n baseband, radio and powerful CPU. These unique features make the CL1800 ideal for high performance Telco and retail applications that require a complete host off load.
• CLR250 USB/Wi-Fi client chip – a cost-effective solution that enhances set-top boxes (STBs) and media players with wireless connectivity, delivering superior performance and quality of service (QoS).
• CLR260 – a cost-effective yet powerful PCIe chip solution that is ideal for wireless home gateways applications.
Visit Celeno’s Booth 163 at IP&TV World Forum for demonstrations and to view Celeno’s full product suite.