Today, Coldwell Banker Real Estate launched a new national advertising campaign that focuses on the deeper and intrinsic value of a home. Voiced by Emmy and Golden Globe award winner Tom Selleck, whose father retired as an Executive Vice President of Communications for Coldwell Banker Real Estate, the campaign reinforces the message that people value their homes as much for the emotional and psychological reasons as for financial considerations.
“The Coldwell Banker brand has always meant something special to me,” said Tom Selleck. “My father worked for the company for 38 years. Over that period, my two brothers and my sister worked both for and with Coldwell Banker. I was the one exception. So it was indeed a proud moment when I was able to tell my mom that I was at last in the ‘family business.’”
“More than four million homes are expected to be purchased this year in the United States according to the National Association of Realtors, and in this new ad campaign, we wanted to focus on the underlying reasons why,” said Michael Fischer, chief marketing officer, Coldwell Banker Real Estate. “People’s homes are so important because they are the setting for life’s most meaningful moments. While the economics of home buying are critical, we must remember there is much more to it: lifestyle, memories, family, and pride of ownership.”
The Coldwell Banker ad campaign debuts with a series of new television commercials surrounding the theme,“Value of a Home” including:
• “Value of a Home” – In a series of vignettes of moments at home that emotionally convey the joy of home ownership, Coldwell Banker poses the question,“How does one put a value on a home?” Viewers are then presented with a unique and intangible equation (“multiplying the smell of flipped pancakes by the sound of children laughing; adding the warmth of a winter fire while subtracting the stresses of work and the outside world”) to “quantify” the true value of a home.
• “Pets,” “Kids,” and “Backyards” – These three distinct 15-second spots build on the “Value of a Home” theme by highlighting life moments and memories of children, pets and backyard activities. The spots pay tribute to each group and how their presence helps to make a house a home.
• “Innovation” – This spot showcases Coldwell Banker’s leading edge technology and its advanced tools for searching homes, neighborhoods and agents virtually anywhere – whether in your living room or at a busy café.
In addition to the national advertising campaign, Coldwell Banker Real Estate has refreshed its “entryway” to coldwellbanker.com, improving the design to underscore the value of a home with heartwarming family and agent images.
The “Value of a Home” campaign and television spots were conceived by Siltanen & Partners, the national advertising agency for Coldwell Banker Real Estate. They were directed by Carolyn Chen under the direction of Executive Creative Director, Rob Siltanen. In addition, MediaCom worked to place the new spots in appropriate media outlets, including ABC Wednesday’s Primetime Domination, NBC’s LXTV Open House, as well as HGTV, ESPN, A&E, FX and USA, running from March through June. To view the new Coldwell Banker commercials, please visit the Coldwell Banker YouTube channel, On Location.
• Get the most out of spare rooms;
• Survey shows home sellers to be flexible in pricing;
• How Do You Know You Picked the “Right” Agent?
• Kids Take on Real Estate;
• How to know if a neighborhood is the right fit for you.
About Coldwell Banker®
Since 1906, the Coldwell Banker® organization (coldwellbanker.com) has been a premier provider of full-service residential and commercial real estate. Coldwell Banker is the oldest national real estate brand in the United States and today has a network of approximately 87,000 sales agents working in approximately 3,100 offices in 49 countries and territories. The Coldwell Banker brand is known for creating innovative consumer services as recently seen by being the first national real estate brand to create an iPad application and the first to fully harness the power of video in real estate listings, news and information through its Coldwell Banker On LocationSM YouTube channel. The Coldwell Banker system is a leader in specialty markets such as resort, new homes and luxury properties through its Coldwell Banker Previews International® marketing program. Coldwell Banker Real Estate LLC fully supports the principles of the Fair Housing Act and the Equal Opportunity Act. Each office is independently owned and operated.
Coldwell Banker Real Estate LLC will never sell or provide information to a third party without your prior consent.