NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
Sarata, FL, United States, 2012/02/15 - Microsoft has set the launch date of its SQL Server 2012. Expected to be unveiled in the first half of this year, the SQL Server 2012 will be made available in three versions - SynapseIndia.com.
A significant product release, Microsoft SQL Server 2012 brings with it mission critical confidence with higher uptime, augmented security features and blazing-fast performance.
The SQL Server 2012 enables a cloud-ready information platform that organizations can use to unlock break through insights with persistent data discovery through their organization.
SQL Server 2012 New Features & Enhancements
SQL Server 2012 brings in the feature of AlwaysOn SQL Server Failover Cluster Instances & AlwaysOn Availability Groups for application databases protection.
AlwaysOn SQL Server Failover Clusters:
• A multi-subnet failover cluster offers the solution of disaster recovery apart from high availability.
• The augmented failure detection and addition of failure condition level property allows you to configure a more flexible failover policy.
• The feature of indirect checkpoints brings in a database specific alternative to automatic checkpoints that a server property can configure.
AlwaysOn Availability Groups:
• An availability group works as a container that implies a set user databases (availability databases) to fail over as a single unit. It characterizes a set of availability replicas to host copies of each user database.
• It also brags of providing an enhanced set of options that perk up resource usage.
Manageability of SQL Server 2012 gets improvement through tools enhancements and features monitoring.
• The Database Engine Query Editor brings in augmented functionality for Transact-SQL debugging and IntelliSense.
• Point-in-time restore has undergone improvement through the inclusion of a visual timeline.
• Restore plan algorithm has undergone improvement, and many edge cases are handled with more efficient as compared to the earlier versions.
• Data tier apps now offer support for lots more objects as compared to the SQL Server 2008 R2.
• The newest Windows PowerShell 2.0 attribute touts to load features of SQL Server components into a PowerShell environment.
Programmability enhancements come included with FileTables, ad-hoc query paging, statistical semantic search, backup for sequence objects and many improvements to Transact-SQL.
• You are now able to store documents and files in special tables in SQL Server. You are now able to have access to them from Windows apps supposing their being already stored in the file system, sans doing any alteration to the Windows apps.
• Semantic search allows for novel scenarios that can stretch out of the syntactical keyword searches. Semantic search allows you to query the import of a document.
• You are able to detail about a variety of rows sent back by a SELECT statement, as per row offset and row count values being provided by you.
• A sequence object brings about a sequence of numeric values, as per the specs whereby the sequence was brought into existence. Here is restriction of the sequence numbers.
• The THROW statement could be utilized to elevate an exception and shift the control to a CATCH block of a TRY-CATCH construct.
• The OVER clause is stretched out to offer support for window functions.
Performance & Scalability
Performance & scalability enhancements in the Database Engine contain columnstore indexes.
• The columnstore index perks up the performance of data warehouse query till hundreds to thousands of times and is capable of giving a tenfold speedup for an extensive variety of decision support queries.
• With this, the end-users can gain more business value through their data.
• As columnstore indexes are able to do away with the requirement of previously integrate d aggregates, IT workers could bring down the ETL times and development costs.
Security enhancements entail the latest SEARCH PROPERTY LIST permissions and new user-defined server roles.
• New GRANT, REVOKE, and DENY permissions have been made available to a SEARCH PROPERTY LIST.
• With a view to managing user-defined server roles and to throw in and eliminate members from all server roles, CREATE SERVER ROLE, ALTER SERVER ROLE, and DROP SERVER ROLE are here to help.
• The latest MDS Add-in for Excel allows the end-users to control and keep up central;
• Generate and scale business solutions from server to cloud;
• Deliver full view across business data via management, cleansing and integration;
• Bring down intricacy and speed up time to solution through SQL Server appliances and cloud offerings;
• Guarantee peace of mind with premier support & services, and costless accessibility to software service packs.
The forthcoming rollout of Microsoft SQL Server 2012 touts to give additional protection to an organization’s the infrastructure, most importantly for mission critical workloads.
Synapseindia (synapseindia.com) provides the Software & Web Development services on almost all Microsoft products like SharePoint, Silverlight, Microsoft SQL Server, etc.