This new award joins an Engineer’s Choice “Best Product Award” in the ICS-G7852’s award count. The Taiwan Excellence award identifies the ICS-G7852 as one of the most innovative and highest value products made in Taiwan.
This year, over 1145 products were considered for “Taiwan Excellence” recognition. In this crowded pool, the ICS-G7852 stood out in the “Internet Applications” category for its elegant modular design, dependable performance, and rich feature set.
The ICS-G7852 is a core switch with an industry-leading four 10 Gigabit Ethernet (10GbE) ports and a maximum of 48 total Gigabit Ethernet ports. It has the connectivity and modular media flexibility to excel in high-performance and non-stop control center networking environments. With four ports of 10GbE network connectivity, the ICS forms a reliable, scalable, and future-proof network backbone with 10GbE ports to spare for redundant rings or uplinks. The ICS series’ industrial pedigree gives it added advantages over commercial switches, such as hot-swappable redundant power inputs, dual images, a reliable fanless design that never needs to be cleaned, and a recovery time of under 50 milliseconds using Moxa’s innovative network self-healing technologies, Turbo Ring and Turbo Chain.
• Up to 48 Gigabit Ethernet ports plus 2 or 4 10 Gigabit Ethernet slots;
• Up to 52 optical fiber connections (SFP slots);
• L3 switching: Static routing, RIP V1/V2, OSPF, VRRP (ICS-G7848/G7850/G7852 series);
• Moxa Turbo Ring and Turbo Chain, and RSTP/STP for link layer network redundancy;
• IEEE 1588 PTP, Modbus/TCP, LLDP, SNMP Inform, QoS, IGMP snooping, VLAN, IEEE 802.1X, HTTPS, SNMPv3, and SSH supported;
• Modular design for maximum flexibility and hassle-free future expansion;
• Hot-swappable media and power modules for continuous operation;
• Isolated redundant power inputs with universal 110/220 VAC power supply input;
• Fanless, 0 to 60°C wide operating temperature range.
The ICS-G7852 is part of Moxa’s wide range of industrial Ethernet solutions, including edge-to-core industrial Ethernet switches, industrial wireless Ethernet solutions, and industrial Ethernet gateways, which are designed to enable a converged automation network with ideal network response time, and impressive network resilience, security, and reliability.
Moxa (moxa.com) manufactures device networking products for industrial automation. Information about all Moxa products, which include industrial embedded computers, industrial Ethernet switches, serial device servers, multiport serial cards, embedded device servers, and remote I/O servers, is available on Moxa's corporate website.