Marchex, Inc., today announced the results of a Marchex Institute analysis of emerging call advertising trends for the auto industry. This data has unveiled several opportunities for auto dealerships to dramatically improve sales.
As a leading provider of call tracking and analytics to businesses, including auto dealers and marketers, Marchex helps its customers gain a deeper understanding of inbound customer phone calls to increase sales close rates and customer service performance.
Based on an internal sampling of call data for auto industry customers, Marchex has found:
• More than 70% of product or service calls to auto dealers mention a vehicle make and model;
• More than 40% of callers provide their contact information;
• More than 25% of total calls to auto dealers go unanswered (or go straight to voicemail).
Additionally, customers from other industries that leverage the Marchex Call Analytics offering have reported:
• An increase in daily revenue. Customers have reported increases in daily revenue as high as 30% by using Marchex Call Analytics’ call analysis capabilities to screen phone calls and identify missed sales opportunities;
• A significant lift in advertising ROI. New customers of Marchex Call Analytics have experienced as much as a 100% increase in advertising ROI by leveraging call tracking and analytics capabilities to accurately measure calls as a key conversion metric from their online and offline advertising campaigns.
“As we looked at the data from our automotive clients, a clear trend emerged fairly quickly,” said Rafael Jose, Vice President, Marchex Call Analytics. “Inbound callers tend to provide a lot of information about themselves, stay engaged for a relatively long period of time on the phone, and have a specific vehicle in mind. The key is turning these very warm leads into sales, which starts with ensuring no call goes unanswered.”
Marchex will be on hand at the National Automobile Dealers Association Convention and Expo February 3-6 in Las Vegas. Representatives will be available to discuss these trends, as well as what auto dealers can do to take advantage of the enormous potential of call tracking and analytics for their businesses.
About The Marchex Institute
The Marchex Institute is a team of senior analysts and scientists dedicated to improving the digital call advertising industry, and publishing research and reports based on more than one billion minutes of anonymous call data.
Marchex’s mission (marchex.com) is to unlock local commerce globally by helping advertisers reach customers through the phone when they are ready to buy. Our performance-based call advertising products, Marchex Call Connect and Marchex Call Analytics, are reinventing how businesses acquire and upsell new customers through phone calls. Our award-winning Small Business Solutions products empower businesses to efficiently acquire new customers. Every day, our products support hundreds of thousands of advertisers and partners, ranging from global enterprises to local businesses.
For further information, contact:
Trevor Caldwell, Marchex Investor Relations
T: 206-331-3600 / E: ir[.]marchex.com.