NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
St Albans, Herts, United Kingdom, 2011/11/28 - Omniplex has provided a learning management system (LMS), rapid e-learning authoring tools and training in how to use all these products to Aurum Holdings Ltd, the largest prestige and luxury jewellers in the UK.
Aurum includes the Watches of Switzerland, Mappin & Webb and Goldsmiths brands within its portfolio and is the UK's largest stockist of Rolex, Cartier, Breitling and TAG Heuer.
Earlier this year Aurum replaced their existing LMS and authoring tools with the Absorb LMS and Articulate e-learning authoring tools – all of which were supplied by the e-learning solutions provider, Omniplex.
“Towards the end of last year, we learnt about the capabilities of Absorb and Articulate and so were eager to use these to make our in-house learning and development activities even more efficient and effective,” said Vicky Ziccardi, Aurum’s Group Learning and Development Manager.
”We turned to Omniplex, which is the only company in the UK to offer the complete range of services relating to the Articulate e-learning authoring tool and is also the European distributor for the Absorb LMS.”
Following training by Omniplex, Aurum currently has five staff capable of producing e-learning content using Articulate. They have already produced more than a dozen product and sales orientated courses for the 1,500 members of Aurum’s retail team working in Watches of Switzerland, Mappin & Webb and Goldsmiths stores.
Matthew Lloyd, Omniplex’s managing director, commented: “Ease of use and flexibility are the hallmarks of the Absorb LMS. The solution excels at delivering and tracking learning programmes for both employees and external learners, allowing an organisation to respond quickly to business requirements or market conditions.
“And, in selecting Articulate, organisations choose a powerful and flexible authoring tool that allows them to produce interactive and engaging courses of the highest quality.
“Aurum is one of a growing number of companies that are looking to achieve more from their learning and development activities and so they are investing in best of breed LMS and authoring solutions,” he added. “We’re happy to support these organisations with training and advice so that they can maximise the benefits they derive from their investment.”
The Articulate suite of rapid development e-learning tools is based on the view that, in today's fast-paced business environment, organisations need to empower people with expert knowledge. This means that organisations must be able to produce employee training/ learning materials quickly and effectively. In turn, this means that the tools that produce these materials must not only be able to create exceptional e-learning content but also be easy to use.
The Articulate Suite of products comprises:
• Presenter: software which allows users to add interactivity and narration to PowerPoint slides.
• Engage: templates that allow users to create rich-media interactivity including process, timeline, pyramid diagram, labelled graphic and interactive FAQ.
• Quizmaker: provides question types that go beyond the basics of multiple-choice, true/false and Likert questions to include 20 question types such as drag-and-drop questions and hot spots.
• Video Encoder: allows users to add full-motion video – including video recorded from webcam - to content in any Articulate product.
Omniplex is a leading provider of e-learning and related tools and services for:
• informal learning (ad hoc, peer-to-peer, social learning);
• formal learning (authoring solutions, learning delivery and tracking, and learning reinforcement) and
• training, support, content development and integration services.
Based in Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire, in the UK, and in Montreal, Canada, Omniplex supports clients across Europe and North America.