NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
Redwood Shores, CA, United States, 2011/10/17 - American tire distributors, arrow electronics, DPI specialty foods, Ricoh Americas corporation and school specialty receive awards (NASDAQ: ORCL) - Oracle.com. NYSE, NASDAQ: ORCL
Oracle announced the inaugural 2011 Wholesale Distribution Industry Excellence Award recipients including American Tire Distributors, Arrow Electronics, DPI Specialty Foods, Ricoh Americas Corporation and School Specialty at Oracle OpenWorld 2011.
The Wholesale Distribution Industry Excellence Awards recognize Oracle wholesale distribution customers for business achievements driving operational excellence and enabling growth using technology, innovative strategies and best practices.
Company representatives accepting the awards included:
• Warehouse Management Award: Tony Vaden, CIO/vice president, American Tire Distributors;
• Analytics and Reporting Award: Bill Chapman, vice president, IT global services and operations, Arrow Electronics;
• Buyers Workbench Award: Jayson Folus, senior vice president of business intelligence, DPI Specialty Foods;
• Warehouse Management/E-Business Suite Award: Balaji Rangaswamy, vice president of enterprise solutions, Ricoh Americas Corporation;
• Enterprise Resource Planning Award: Bob Grawien, CIO, School Specialty.
“Each of these winners across industry segments showcased outstanding examples of innovation and technology achievement,” said Cassandra Moren, senior director, wholesale distribution industry marketing, Oracle. “Oracle is proud of its collaboration with wholesale distribution leaders, including our key partners to address some of the most important wholesale distribution industry initiatives. We want to congratulate each customer on their success as technology innovators in the wholesale distribution industry.”
Oracle (oracle.com) engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.