NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
Toronto, Ontario, Canada, 2011/10/17 - Complete, scalable solution addresses requirements for late-phase and patient-reported data collection (NASDAQ:ORCL) - Oracle.com. NYSE, NASDAQ: ORCL
Today Oracle Health Sciences announced the availability of Oracle Health Sciences OutcomeLogix On Demand 3.0, a Web-based, scalable data collection system that enables life science companies and contract research organizations (CROs) to efficiently capture accurate therapy outcome information from health care providers, as well as patients in late-stage studies.
The newest version of the solution incorporates several features that help meet increasing requirements to improve product safety and demonstrate long-term treatment efficacy. New capabilities that address the increasingly larger, geographically dispersed, and patient-centered nature of observational studies include:
• Increased scalability to support data collection for hundreds of thousands of patients for decades;
• Improved, user-friendly interface that walks users step-by-step and form-by-form through the data collection process, reducing the need for additional training while delivering a complete picture of therapy outcomes;
• Updated prompting tools that engage patients and promote compliance by encouraging them to remain involved in the study;
• Enhanced configurability to enable a branded and consistent experience for anyone entering information throughout the study;
• Expanded multi-lingual support to enable clients to collect data in each user’s local language.
Featuring a flexible, Web-based architecture, Oracle Health Sciences OutcomeLogix On Demand 3.0 can be deployed quickly and easily to large numbers of sites and patients.
Oracle Health Sciences OutcomeLogix On Demand 3.0 is part of a comprehensive portfolio of Oracle Health Sciences Cloud Applications and is powered by the Oracle Health Sciences Cloud to help customers accelerate IT deployments, reduce resources required to maintain IT infrastructure and gain a more predictable IT spending pattern.
“Study sponsors and CROs, responding to regulatory mandates for increased post-approval surveillance and the growing need for patient-reported outcomes, are seeking technology solutions from a global, trusted provider to accommodate data collection across vast patient populations,” said Neil de Crescenzo, senior vice president and general manager, Oracle Health Sciences. “Oracle Health Sciences OutcomeLogix On Demand 3.0 delivers a flexible solution that is not only cost-effective to deploy and maintain, but is also easy for health care providers and patients to navigate.”
Oracle (oracle.com) engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Mary Tobin, O’Keeffe & Company
P: +1.503.658.7396 / E: mtobin[.]okco.com.