NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
Las Vegas, NV, United States, 2011/10/10 - The National Business Aviation Association (NBAA) recognized six Member Companies for safe flying achievement during a luncheon held at the NBAA 64th Annual Meeting & Convention - NBAA.Org.
In 2011, two companies reached the safety milestone of flying 60 years or more without an accident – 3M Company and Idaho Power Co. – and the following four companies reached the safety milestone of flying 50 years or more without an accident: Archer Daniels Midland Co., The Coca-Cola Co., Dot Foods, Inc. and The Dow Chemical Company.
The NBAA Board of Directors established its Flying Safety Awards program in 1953, and has since recognized thousands of Member Companies and individuals for their aviation safety records. A total of 75 companies have received Safe Flying Achievement Awards since the founding of this award category in 1998.
Aside from today's award presentation, NBAA has separately notified many additional Members of awards in the following categories:
• Corporate Business Flying Safety Award – 229 companies have compiled 10,322, 807 safe hours;
• Commercial Business Flying Safety Award – 34 companies have compiled 1,363, 628 safe hours;
• Pilot Safety Award – 563 pilots have flown 4,484, 645 safe hours;
• Aviation Maintenance Department Safety Award – 78 companies have qualified for this award;
• Maintenance/Avionics Technician Safety Award – 422 technicians have qualified for this award;
• Aviation Support Services Safety Award – 443 support services personnel have qualified for this award.
Download a copy of the 2011 NBAA Flying Safety Awards booklet and learn more about the program at nbaa.org/safetyawards. For Convention news and highlights, visit the NBAA2011 Online News Bureau.
Founded in 1947 and based in Washington, DC, the National Business Aviation Association (NBAA.org) is the leading organization for companies that rely on general aviation aircraft to help make their businesses more efficient, productive and successful. The Association represents more than 8,000 companies and provides more than 100 products and services to the business aviation community, including the NBAA Annual Meeting & Convention, the world's largest civil aviation trade show.
Members of the media may receive NBAA Press Releases immediately via email. To subscribe to the NBAA Press Release email list, submit the online form.