OutStart announces the immediate availability of OutStart Hot Lava Mobile 2011 Fall Edition, the latest version of its mobile learning solution that helps organizations easily develop mobile learning, performance support, and communications for basic cell phones, Smartphones, and tablets.
This new release provides native mobile apps for Android, Blackberry, iPhones, iPods, iTouch, iPads, and Windows Mobile and an enhanced WAP experience. It also includes streaming video functionality, favorites, and branding capabilities. These new features enable users to access mobile learning content in a familiar way and allow organizations to develop media rich mobile content for their learners.
Other new capabilities include ePub and PDF support, reporting and security capabilities, and advanced question types for quizzes and assessments. See below for a description of these features.
Details of the Hot Lava Mobile 2011 Fall Edition include:
• Mobile Apps & WAP Enhancements: Mobile apps for Android, Blackberry, iPhones, iPods, iTouch, iPad, and Windows Mobile and an enhanced WAP experience allow users to access mobile content with ease and accessibility from any mobile device. All content is dynamically rendered, for both app and WAP connections, without the need for re-development or customization.
• Streaming Video: Provides automatic and transparent device-specific media conversion and streaming to ensure videos are played in the optimal format for a specific device.
• ePub and PDF Support: ePubs and PDF files can be include as part of mobile content.
• Advanced Question Types & Rendering: Vary testing with Ordering, Matching and Likert questions, which are easily added to tests and assessments through the Hot Lava Mobile PowerPoint plug-in. Enhanced question rendering provides simple, intuitive, and instant feedback for users.
• Analytics: View a complete list of reports, including scheduled and statistics reports with the option to view expanded results. Statistics reports include data on users, user graphs, questions, answers, roles, user agents, and question answers.
• Remote Wipe (Delete): Increased security and protection against lost or compromised devices includes the capability to remotely delete all courses on a device.
• Encryption Options: Added device security includes the ability to configure encryption on the mobile device when required.
• Other Capabilities: Personalized navigation allows users to bypass content based on their knowledge or expertise; Corporate branding capabilities allow organizations to customize the look of the course lists and content, ensuring all corporate branding guidelines are followed; Instant pass/fail notifications provides feedback for users; A ‘Favorites’ option allows users to access courses faster.
• LMS Integration: Hot Lava Mobile can run stand alone or in conjunction with an existing LMS to provide user tracking.
About Hot Lava Mobile
Hot Lava Mobile enables you to develop content once, securely deliver it across a variety of mobile devices, ranging from basic mobile phones to Smartphones and tablets, and analyze results.
You view knowledge sharing between your employees, partners, and customers as a strategic priority. Their knowledge leads to your success. OutStart's portfolio of inter-related mobile, social, and learning Knowledge Solutions accelerate and broaden access to colleagues and the knowledge they need to respond to business requirements more quickly and make better informed decisions. Together you excel.
Recognized as a Visionary in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant reports for the last seven years, OutStart is regularly acknowledged for its award-winning solutions including OutStart LCMS; Participate, social business software that integrates social networking, collaboration, and knowledge sharing technologies; Hot Lava Mobile for mobile learning, performance support, and communications; TrainingEdge.com LMS, a full-featured, configurable LMS; and TrainingEdge.com, an affordable learning and knowledge suite that extends LMS and traditional elearning with a blend of learning management, content development and management, social business software, and mobile capabilities.
OutStart (outstart.com) is honored to serve organizations that are surpassing expectations and delivering exceptional business results such as Alcatel-Lucent, AgustaWestland, Ascent, BB&T, Berlitz, Boeing Company, BT, California State Automotive Association, Capital One, CVS Caremark, DIRECTV, InfoComm International, Internal Revenue Service, McDonald’s, MedFlow, MetLife, NextGen Healthcare, Phones4U, Pilatus, Swisscard, UK Ministry of Defence, Verizon Wireless, Xerox, and Yum! Brands.
For insight into customer implementations, best practices, industry news and more, visit the OutStart Knowledge Solutions Blog, and follow us on Twitter @outstart.