Infosys today launched a set of new mobility solutions that allow users to access essential functions of enterprise resource planning (ERP) and customer relationship management (CRM) applications on smartphones and tablets. The solutions were developed as part of the Infosys-Oracle Innovation Center at Oracle's global headquarters in Redwood Shores, California, where Infosys is one of the first system integrators (SIs) to develop mobility solutions on the next generation Oracle Application Development Framework (ADF) Mobile platform. Infosys is a Diamond level member of Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN).
• Infosys has vast experience in developing mobile solutions across various industry verticals, as well as its extensive team of Oracle middleware and mobile technology experts.
• The Infosys-Oracle Innovation Center is a state-of-the-art facility established by Infosys and Oracle where innovations, such as enterprise mobility, are developed to address the needs of customers.
• Oracle and Infosys share a vision for the future of enterprise mobility, a stakeholder approach that keeps the customer's need as a priority, and a commitment to the mobility of businesses across a variety of vertical markets.
• As a large percentage of the global workforce spends time travelling or working away from the office, mobility solutions help remove the constraints of a physical infrastructure and provide immediate access to critical data thus boosting productivity and efficiency.
• Mobility can help enterprises improve customer engagement and satisfaction, generate new revenue opportunities and create self-service channels, as it becomes a core component to the business' overall CRM strategy.
• Potential solutions include mobile retail devices that give salespeople the ability to look up product availability and pricing on a store showroom floor or providing financial services executives with real time access to their customer account data anywhere and at any time.
• Ted Farrell, Chief Architect and senior vice president, Tools and Middleware, Oracle: "Enterprise mobility continues to be an area of tremendous opportunity for application developers. With the next generation Oracle Application Development Framework Mobile platform, Java application developers can deliver game-changing innovations that provide the mobile enterprise workforce with tremendous productivity."
• Anup Uppadhayay, Vice President & Head - Enterprise Mobility Practice, Infosys Ltd.:"The Infosys mobility solution opens up new business opportunities for us in a strong growth area, while allowing us to strengthen our relationship with Oracle. Working closely with the Oracle development team and having early access to the next generation Oracle ADF Mobile platform, helps give Infosys an edge to showcase the value we can bring to our joint customers."
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates
Many of the world's most successful organizations rely on the 133,560 people of Infosys to deliver measurable business value. Infosys (infosys.com) provides business consulting, technology, engineering and outsourcing services to help clients in over 30 countries build tomorrow's enterprise.
Certain statements in this release concerning our future growth prospects are forward-looking statements, which involve a number of risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those in such forward-looking statements. The risks and uncertainties relating to these statements include, but are not limited to, risks and uncertainties regarding fluctuations in earnings, fluctuations in foreign exchange rates, our ability to manage growth, intense competition in IT services including those factors which may affect our cost advantage, wage increases in India, our ability to attract and retain highly skilled professionals, time and cost overruns on fixed-price, fixed-time frame contracts, client concentration, restrictions on immigration, industry segment concentration, our ability to manage our international operations, reduced demand for technology in our key focus areas, disruptions in telecommunication networks or system failures, our ability to successfully complete and integrate potential acquisitions, liability for damages on our service contracts, the success of the companies in which Infosys has made strategic investments, withdrawal or expiration of governmental fiscal incentives, political instability and regional conflicts, legal restrictions on raising capital or acquiring companies outside India, and unauthorized use of our intellectual property and general economic conditions affecting our industry. Additional risks that could affect our future operating results are more fully described in our United States Securities and Exchange Commission filings including our Annual Report on Form 20-F for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2011 and on Form 6-K for the quarters ended September 30, 2010, December 31, 2010 and June 30, 2011.These filings are available at sec.gov. Infosys may, from time to time, make additional written and oral forward-looking statements, including statements contained in the company's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission and our reports to shareholders. The company does not undertake to update any forward-looking statements that may be made from time to time by or on behalf of the company.