Oracle will honor customers and partners who have excelled at driving business value and innovation using Oracle solutions with Oracle Excellence Awards.
The awards will be presented at this year’s Oracle OpenWorld and JavaOne conferences, held from October 2-6 in San Francisco.
Oracle Excellence Awards Details
The Oracle Excellence Awards cover several categories, ranging from enabling the eco-enterprise and Oracle Fusion Middleware to data warehouse technologies and Java innovation.
The awards will be presented as follows:
• CIO of the Year — Recognizes outstanding performance and vision in the role of chief information officer (CIO) of an enterprise that uses Oracle products and services. The award will be presented at 5:15 pm. PT during the Opening keynote on Sunday, October 2.
• Data Warehouse Leader of the Year—Honors individuals who demonstrate excellent technical ability and superior knowledge of Oracle data warehouse technologies and consistently apply and evangelize best practices. The winners will be announced on Thursday, October 6 during the Data Warehouse Global Leaders Annual Meeting.
• Eco-Enterprise Innovation — Recognizes select customers and partners for their use of Oracle products to take an environmental lead, reduce their costs, and improve their business efficiencies using green business practices. The awards will be presented during the “Eco-Enterprise Innovation Awards and the Business Case for Sustainability” session on Wednesday, October 5 at 10:15 am. PT in Moscone West, Room 2003.
• Java Innovation (also known as the Duke’s Choice Awards) – Celebrates extreme innovation in the world of Java technology and are granted to the best and most innovative projects using the Java platform. The winners will be presented on Sunday, October 2 at 6:30 pm. PT during the JavaOne Mason Street Open House event, which is sponsored by Juniper Networks.
• Oracle Fusion Middleware Innovation -Honors customers for their cutting-edge solutions using Oracle Fusion Middleware solutions. Winners will be announced during the “Oracle Fusion Middleware: Meet This Year's Most Impressive Customer Projects” session on October 4 at 11:45 am. PT in Moscone West 3007.
• Proactive Support: Champion of the Year—Celebrates Oracle customers or partners who drive the adoption of proactive tools and resources within their company or client company. The Proactive Executive Champion award will be presented during an SF MoMA event on Monday, October 3 at 7:45 pm. The Proactive Individual Champion award will be presented at the “My Oracle Support Community Meet Up” event on October 3 at 6:45 pm.
• Specialized Partner of the Year—Honors global Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN) Specialized partners excelling in five categories, including database, middleware, applications, industry, and server and storage. The awards will be announced during the Opening keynote on Sunday, October 2 at 5:30 pm. PT.
• Technologist of the Year Awards— Recognizes individuals in key roles for their extraordinary efforts and contributions to enterprise technology solutions.
“Oracle, our customers and our partners are continually discovering innovative uses for Oracle technology and deploying ground-breaking solutions and best practices to address customer need,” said Jeb Dasteel, Senior Vice President and Chief Customer Officer, Oracle. “The Oracle Excellence Awards offers Oracle a unique opportunity to honor our customers and partners for their continued dedication to driving business value and success in the industry.”
About the Oracle Excellence Awards
Excellence. It's what drives Oracle and its customers and partners to continually discover innovative uses for Oracle technology and to deploy successful and ground-breaking solutions and best practices. In recognition of this, Oracle has created the Oracle Excellence Awards to honor our customers and partners who have excelled at driving business value and innovation with Oracle technology. Full details on the award categories and the application process are available on our Website.
About Oracle OpenWorld
Oracle OpenWorld San Francisco (oracle.com/openworld), the information technology event dedicated to helping businesses optimize existing systems and understand upcoming technology breakthroughs, draws more than 45,000 attendees from 117 countries. Oracle OpenWorld 2011 offers more than 2000 educational sessions, 400 product demos, exhibitions from 475 partners showcasing applications, middleware, database, server and storage systems, industries, management and infrastructure – all engineered for innovation. Oracle OpenWorld 2011 is being held October 2-6 at The Moscone Center in San Francisco. Watch Oracle OpenWorld live on YouTube for keynotes, sessions and more at youtube.com/oracle.
Oracle (oracle.com) is the world's most complete, open, and integrated business software and hardware systems company.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle Corporation and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.