NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
Mountain View, CA, United States, 2011/09/29 - Accellion, Box, GoodReader, GroupLogic, NitroDesk, Quickoffice, Roambi, Wyse PocketCloud and Xora sign on as partners - MobileIron.com / Accellion.com.
MobileIron, the innovator in enterprise management and security for mobile devices and apps, today announced MobileIron AppConnect, the best way for enterprises to secure mobile apps. MobileIron also announced the first wave of MobileIron AppConnect partners: Accellion, Box, GoodReader, GroupLogic, NitroDesk, Quickoffice, Roambi, Wyse PocketCloud and Xora.
Using MobileIron AppConnect, enterprises are able to secure company data across the lifecycle of their mobile apps, from deployment to usage to retirement. MobileIron AppConnect secures both company-developed apps as well as select third-party apps on the App Store, Android Market and other mobile app distribution services. MobileIron AppConnect will be available to MobileIron customers and developers at no additional charge.
As mobile apps quickly become essential business tools, untrusted apps carry increasingly greater risk of company data loss. MobileIron AppConnect secures both app “data at rest” and “data in motion” by giving IT and developers the following capabilities:
• Authentication: Ensure only approved users can access app data. Confirm identity through certificates and provide single sign-on capabilities (SSO) across multiple apps.
• Configuration: Set up the app properly with appropriate settings.
• Authorization: Allow or disallow app usage or data storage based on device posture.
• Access control: Block app access to the corporate network if security is compromised.
• Analytics: Provide insight into app usage.
• Removal: Remotely wipe the app and app data on the mobile device.
“MobileIron AppConnect extends MobileIron’s proven security framework to apps and is the latest phase in our vision of enterprise app security and management,” said Ojas Rege, VP of Product, MobileIron. “The first phase was to secure the enterprise against rogue apps through our App Control policy engine. The second was to give IT a way to securely distribute apps to users via our Enterprise App Storefront. The third, with MobileIron AppConnect, is to secure app ‘data at rest’ and ‘data in motion’ across the entire app lifecycle.”
MobileIron AppConnect partners include some of the most innovative workplace apps. Partners will be featured as recommended apps in MobileIron’s Enterprise App Storefront accelerating their distribution into the enterprise customer base.
About the MobileIron AppConnect Partners
• Accellion (accellion.com) provides enterprise-class secure collaboration and file sharing solutions that give business users secure mobile access to enterprise content while giving IT the control it needs to ensure compliance and data security. Accellion is accessible on iPad, iPhone, Blackberry and Android devices and the Web, and integrates via plug-in to SharePoint and Autonomy iManage.
• Box makes it simple for businesses to share, manage and access all of their content from anywhere. Files and folders on Box can be securely shared both internally and externally, accessed on mobile devices (iPad, iPhone, Android, TouchPad, PlayBook and m.box.net), and extended to partner applications such as Google Apps, NetSuite and Salesforce.
• GoodReader is the super-robust PDF reader and annotator for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch. With GoodReader users can read virtually anything, anywhere: books, movies, maps, pictures.
• GroupLogic helps enterprise and education IT organizations simply and securely integrate diverse computing platforms into enterprise environments, connecting employees to enterprise files, content and assets to facilitate a more productive and efficient work environment. GroupLogic’s mobilEcho is the industry’s first and only Mobile File Management (MFM) software for enterprise iPad users. mobilEcho enables enterprise IT to provide secure access to enterprise file servers for iPad users, eliminating the need for work-arounds like emailing files to yourself or storing critical enterprise files in unsecure third-party cloud providers.
• NitroDesk provides the leading Enterprise-ready Exchange ActiveSync-based email solution for Android powered phones and tablets. The TouchDown app, with over 500,000 active users, is popular with enterprise customers for both its intuitive user experience and its integration with ActiveSync, which is the industry standard for wireless email mobilization.
• Quickoffice is the worldwide leader in mobile office solutions and is distributed on more than 370 million mobile devices. Available on all major platforms, Quickoffice delivers reliable, innovative office software that drives mobile productivity and is revolutionizing the way people use their mobile devices.
• Roambi is a mobile business intelligence solution that was designed from the ground up for the mobile environment. A native iPhone/iPad application, Roambi makes company reports and data quick to access and easy to interact with, via immersive dashboard-style analytics on any iPhone or iPad.
• Wyse PocketCloud, an Android/iOS Mobile Cloud App by Cloud Client Computing leader Wyse Technology, allows users to remotely access personal and corporate Windows and Mac computers. Beyond simple remote file viewing and sharing, users can also run all their applications and access network resources to create, edit, and share documents and media from the palm of their hand.
• Xora empowers mobile businesses to achieve new levels of productivity and customer satisfaction. Field employees use the mobile app to eliminate manual processes and paperwork. Managers gain insight into their field operations through location-based services, alerts and trends reporting. Xora saves companies money every day.
MobileIron AppConnect beta will be available to app developers in Q4 2011.
Positioned in the Leaders Quadrant of Gartner, Inc.'s Magic Quadrant for Mobile Device Management Software 2011, MobileIron (mobileiron.com) is solving the problems CIOs face as business data and applications move to smartphones and tablets. The MobileIron Virtual Smartphone Platform is the first solution to give IT and users real-time intelligence and control over mobile content, activity, and apps in order to secure the enterprise, reduce wireless cost, and improve the mobile user experience.
Clarissa Horowitz, MobileIron
P: 415-608-6825 / E: clarissa[.]mobileiron.com.