Delivering partners the information, strategy and opportunities they need to drive better business results through Specialization, Oracle today announced a full line-up of partner events and activities at Oracle OpenWorld 2011 in San Francisco.
In its eighth year, the Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN) Forum will kick off the week and be followed by a series of Partner Pavilions and partner-only sessions that will allow partners to share successes, showcase solutions and capabilities, increase customer and prospect visibility, and learn about new opportunities for business growth with Oracle.
At the event Oracle will also be delivering its annual global and regional partner awards, recognizing leading partners for their excellence and innovation in developing and delivering Oracle solutions.
Event participants, and those unable to attend in-person, can follow the Oracle OpenWorld partner program conversation before, during and after the event at OPN on Twitter, OPN on Facebook, OPN on LinkedIn and OPN on YouTube.
Oracle PartnerNetwork Forum
The OPN Forum, sponsored by OPN Specialized Platinum level members Arrow Electronics and Avnet Technology Solutions, will be held on Sunday, October 2 in Moscone South. The event will provide an opportunity for partners to learn how to strengthen their market opportunities through Specialization in Oracle's extensive application-to-disk product portfolio.
Hosted by Judson Althoff, Oracle Senior Vice President of Worldwide Alliances and Channels and Embedded Sales, the event will give partners deeper insight into Oracle's vision and strategies for the upcoming year and outline how partners can leverage OPN to drive better business results.
Throughout the one-day event, partners will gain valuable information, contacts and resources in a series of Special Interest Groups developed to help partners achieve Specialization and better build, market and sell Oracle-based solutions. Special Interest Groups will take place October 2 at 9:00 am. and 10:00 am. and will include topics on Oracle Exastack, Channel Business Value Proposition, Oracle Fusion Applications, Specialization, among others. Partners can sign up for these sessions by updating their registration profile through the "My Account" tab under the main registration site.
Following OPN Forum, partners can take advantage of Oracle PartnerNetwork Specialist Testing – an offering that allows partners to take the proctored exams that validate individuals as Certified Implementation Specialists. Oracle will be covering the fees for testing that occurs October 3-5, 9:00 am. - 5:00 pm. at the Hilton Union Square Room #1 and #2.
Partner Pavilions at Oracle OpenWorld
Oracle OpenWorld Pavilions allow partners to showcase their expertise and specialized solutions based on Oracle technology. Partner pavilions will include:
• Cloud Pavilion: Attendees can learn more about cloud and virtualization strategies as well as how to add to Oracle's open and rich portfolio of cloud offerings.
• CRM Pavilion: Discover how partners are helping organizations build and extend CRM solutions.
• Hyperion Pavilion: Co-located with Hyperion product-focused sessions, the Hyperion Pavilion offers a place to meet Oracle partners that have solutions and services aligned with Oracle's Hyperion products.
• JD Edwards Pavilion: Attendees can learn how Oracle partner solutions can complement and enhance their JD Edwards portfolio.
• LIVE Mobile Pavilion: Sponsored by Zones, Inc. this track brings together partners and customers whose experience and solutions can help attendees further mobilize enterprise applications.
• Oracle Linux Pavilion: Learn why Leading ISVs and infrastructure partners support Oracle Linux.
• Project Portfolio Management Pavilion: Meet with Oracle partner experts showcasing best-in class solutions for PPM that can enhance and extend existing PPM implementations.
• Oracle Solaris Partner Pavilion: This Pavilion features Independent Software Vendor solutions running on Oracle Solaris systems with integrated technologies at every level of the product stack.
• Retail Row Pavilion: Experience the new "Retail Row" shopping mall housed in Moscone Conference Center North where Oracle customers including American Airlines, Lenovo, National Geographic, Puma, Verizon and others will sell products and services to Oracle OpenWorld attendees from around the world.
Oracle PartnerNetwork Lounge
The Oracle PartnerNetwork Lounge, sponsored by Tech Data Corporation, located in Moscone South Exhibit hall, is available to partners throughout the week. Along with opportunities to network with Oracle and other partners, the lounge includes a connection room, a video blogging room and OPN information stations.
Partner-only sessions will provide key information on how to work with Oracle to improve business results. Sessions will include:
• Growing in the Broad Market with Oracle – OPN Incentive Program & New Product Offerings, led by Jeff Barteld, Senior Director, WW Channel Strategy and Operations, Oracle;
• The Benefits of Embedding Oracle Technology in Your Solution, led by Chris Jenkins, Senior Director, Solutions Architecture, Oracle;
• Oracle Exastack: Unleash ISV Application Performance, led by Chris Baker, Senior Vice President, Worldwide ISV and OEM Sales and Kevin O'Brien, Senior Director, ISV and SaaS Strategy, Oracle;
• OPN Specialized Program: Get Specialized, led by Joel Borellis, Group Vice President, Partner Enablement, Oracle and Nick Kritikos, Vice President, Partner Enablement, Oracle.
"We have already seen record registration for this year's Oracle PartnerNetwork Forum and we're really looking forward to sharing the information and strategies our partners need to continue on a path of success," said Lydia Smyers, Oracle Group Vice President, Worldwide Alliances & Channels Programs and Communications. "In this eighth year of our program, we'll be providing insight and direction for FY12, as well as knowledge surrounding our new Oracle Exastack program and exciting new opportunities that will help our valued partner community achieve business growth through Specialization."
About Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN)
Oracle PartnerNetwork (oracle.com/partners) Specialized is the latest version of Oracle's partner program that provides partners with tools to better develop, sell and implement Oracle solutions. OPN Specialized offers resources to train and support specialized knowledge of Oracle products and solutions and has evolved to recognize Oracle's growing product portfolio, partner base and business opportunity. Key to the latest enhancements to OPN is the ability for partners to differentiate through Specializations. Specializations are achieved through competency development, business results, expertise and proven success.
About Oracle OpenWorld
Oracle OpenWorld San Francisco (oracle.com/openworld), the information technology event dedicated to helping businesses optimize existing systems and understand upcoming technology breakthroughs, draws more than 45,000 attendees from 117 countries. Oracle OpenWorld 2011 offers more than 2000 educational sessions, 400 product demos, exhibitions from 450 partners showcasing applications, middleware, database, server and storage systems, industries, management and infrastructure – all engineered for innovation. Oracle OpenWorld 2011 is being held October 2-6 at The Moscone Center in San Francisco. Watch Oracle OpenWorld live on YouTube for keynotes, sessions and more at youtube.com/oracle.
Oracle (oracle.com) is the world's most complete, open, and integrated business software and hardware systems company.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Kristin Reeves, Blanc & Otus for Oracle
P: +1.415.856.5145 / E: kreeves[.]blancandotus.com.