NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
Washington, DC, United States, 2011/09/27 - Online events demonstrate how Metalogix SharePoint, the leader in blob externalization, and migration manager for SharePoint can enhance the performance of your SharePoint environment - Metalogix.com.
Metalogix Software, the trusted provider of content lifecycle management (CLM) solutions for Microsoft® SharePoint®, Exchange®, and Cloud platforms, today announced that it will be co-presenting a two-part webinar series that will help companies plan and deploy best practices for content growth within SharePoint. The first webinar, titled “The BLOB! Optimizing SharePoint 2010 Performance & Storage with BLOB Offloading,” will take place on September 27, 2011 at 11:30 am. EST. The second webinar, titled “Get it Right! Migrating to SharePoint 2010 from MOSS the RIGHT WAY from Top SharePoint Experts!,” will take place on September 29, 2011 at 11:30 am. EST. Errin O’Connor, Author, Chief SharePoint Architect and CEO, EPC Group and Stephen Cawood, Microsoft SharePoint MVP and Director of Product Marketing, Metalogix will be presenting both events.
“Maximizing performance of SharePoint 2010 while attaining significant return on your SharePoint investment (ROI) is critical,” said Cawood. “In this webinar, Errin and I will discuss how to achieve the ROI desired by offloading BLOBs that bog down your SharePoint environment.”
In part one of the webinar series on September 27, O’Connor and Cawood will share their experiences and Best Business Practices for SharePoint 2010 storage while utilizing BLOB offloading within the enterprise. In this session you will learn:
• How to prepare for growth to ensure productivity and performance is maximized;
• How to properly plan and deploy best practices for SharePoint 2010 Storage;
• How to optimize SharePoint storage by moving BLOBs out of the SQL database, significantly improving SharePoint performance and user productivity;
• How to decrease expensive SQL storage and increase productivity;
• Best Business Practices in SharePoint 2010 storage that focus on true ROI;
• How Metalogix StoragePoint can efficiently remove SharePoint BLOBs to less expensive storage.
Together in part two of the webinar series on September 29, O’Connor and Cawood will present proven strategies on how to successfully migrate to SharePoint 2010 utilizing EPC Group’s patented methodologies. In this session you will learn:
• Proven Best Business Practices on Migrating to SharePoint 2010;
• How to lower your total cost of ownership after your initial investment in a migration;
• What changes in Service Pack 1 add to the functionality and considerations with migrations to SharePoint 2010;
• How to handle granular and partial migrations, while restructuring lists, libraries and site content during a live and offline migration;
• How Metalogix Migration Manager for SharePoint can streamline migrations to SharePoint 2010, both on-premises and in the cloud, as well as help you manage and re-organize your content as business needs change.
”This webinar will provide real-world examples of how organizations of all sizes can offload BLOBs while also following proven best practices around the data that is stored natively within SharePoint,” said Errin O’Connor. “Understanding these two key options in SharePoint data storage will ensure all possible scenarios are covered to meet your organizations business, functional, and storage requirements and will offer true ROI and cost savings.”
Tweet this: @Metalogix and @EPCGroup co-present webinar series on optimizing & migrating to #SharePoint 2010
About EPC Group
Innovation and dedication to client satisfaction, along with the passion to deliver exceptional SharePoint services and solutions, has positioned EPC Group as a leading SharePoint Integrator over the past 10 years. Having executed more than 620 SharePoint projects across the globe, EPC Group carries time tested experience and proven methodologies that will leverage the power of SharePoint to solve critical business needs and foster organizational success and growth while focusing on ROI. Allow our custom engagement, project management, project-closing and patented SharePoint Center of Excellence (COE) methodologies to aid you in achieving SharePoint success.
Metalogix (metalogix.com) is the trusted provider of innovative content lifecycle management solutions for Microsoft SharePoint, Exchange and Cloud platforms. We deliver high-performance solutions to scale and cost-effectively manage, migrate, store, archive and protect enterprise content. Metalogix provides global support to thousands of customers and strategic partners and is a Microsoft Gold Partner and GSA provider. Metalogix is a privately held company backed by Insight Venture Partners and Bessemer Venture Partners.
Metalogix and the Metalogix logo are trademarks of Metalogix Software. All other product and company names herein may be trademarks of their respective owners.