NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
Berlin, Germany, 2011/09/20 - To help Communications Service Providers (CSPs) enhance their digital content offerings, drive revenue and mitigate customer churn, Oracle today announced the availability of Oracle Communications Digital Store (NASDAQ: ORCL) - Oracle.com. NYSE, NASDAQ: ORCL
Oracle Communications Digital Store is an end-to-end digital content platform that helps CSPs manage the complete content lifecycle, spanning content submission, test and approval and storefront management. It also provides consumers a compelling experience for discovering and purchasing a wide range of digital content for a variety of mobile devices.
CSPs deploying the Oracle Communications Digital Store can help:
• Maximize revenue through premium content downloads and increase the number of subscribers using data services;
• Mitigate customer churn by enhancing the consumer digital store experience and supporting the simple acquisition of digital content on both smart and feature phones.
Manage and deploy digital content on multiple devices via easy to use digital stores
• Equip third-party developers in their efforts to build innovative revenue-generating applications and services that leverage CSPs’ unique network assets;
• Promote digital content through targeted marketing and advertising campaigns utilizing location and user profiles.
Oracle Communications Digital Store offers the following capabilities:
• Advanced content provider portal, which features an intuitive upload wizard and dashboard, and simplifies the submission and management of content by third-party developers;
• Centralized warehouse management system that lets CSPs more effectively manage testing and approval for content running on hundreds of devices;
• Comprehensive store management system that helps CSPs deliver a compelling customer experience by providing them improved control over content pricing, positioning and promotion;
• Personalized Web and mobile storefronts that let consumers discover, purchase, gift, share, rate and download content;
• Out-of-the-box connectivity with multiple network elements – including WAP Gateway, Push Proxy Gateway, Short Message Service Center, Multimedia Messaging Service Center and E-mail – to support rapid integration and content store deployment.
New enhancements in Oracle Communications Digital Store Release 6.1 include significant performance improvements, increased availability leveraging Oracle Real Application Clusters 11g, lower cost deployment on Oracle Linux and support for third-party recommendation engines to enable enhanced customer analytics for targeted promotions.
The surge of interest in applications and application stores is driving the deployment of service delivery platforms to support applications storefronts and provide a creation and delivery environment for third-party content developers," said Shira Levine, directing analyst, Infonetics Research. "With the addition of Oracle Communications Digital Store, Oracle is well positioned to support operators' digital store initiatives."
“The explosion in demand for applications has created urgency among service providers to develop user-friendly and efficient digital stores. CSPs using the Oracle Communications Digital Store, can help streamline the entire process – from content submission through customer purchase – to provide customers an optimal user experience and grow their revenue streams,” said Liam Maxwell, vice president – products, Oracle Communications.
About Oracle Communications
Only Oracle’s software and systems span the communications industry technology landscape — from carrier-grade servers, storage and IT infrastructure, to mission-critical business and operational support systems and service delivery platforms; from business intelligence applications and retail point-of-sale solutions to the Java platform running on more than two billion mobile and handheld devices. Oracle helps 100 of the world's top 100 service providers innovate and exploit new business models, build strong, profitable customer relationships, and streamline operations.
Oracle (oracle.com) is the world's most complete, open, and integrated business software and hardware systems company.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Janice Hazen, O’Keeffe & Company
P: +1.443.759.8151 / E: jhazen[.]okco.com.