NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
Alexandria, VA, United States, 2011/09/09 - Bitrix continues providing the industry's most competitive and cost-effective web applications for content management, e-Commerce, and Intranet solutions. The company releases a roadmap for the upcoming version of its flagship CMS.
Bitrix, Inc., a technology trendsetter in business communications solutions, has released a roadmap for the upcoming version of its flagship content management system, Bitrix Site Manager. For more than 8 years, Bitrix has turned out 2 new version releases annually and all, without exception, have dramatically improved the user and developer experience with the product.
A testimony to Bitrix' astute development strategy is the amazing fact that over 60,000 web projects have been built on Bitrix Site Manager worldwide. Drawing on this solid based of experience as well as feedback from Bitrix Partners and Clients, the company is set to continue its product innovation and to provide the industry's most competitive and cost-effective web application for content management and e-Commerce solutions.
In the upcoming product release – version 10.5 – the product will be equipped with the following functionality and features:
- Web project quality control - an extremely useful tool for project managers that monitors and collects data on web-project development.
- Back-end Dashboard - a Dashboard for website administrators and content managers featuring drag-and-drop gadgets for system modules (e.g. latest posts, user statistics, product catalog changes, orders pending approval, HelpDesk tickets, or user requests submitted via web forms).
- Complete BitrixMobile platform - a platform for developing websites compatible with mobile devices (Android, iPhone or iPad) featuring e-Store with SKU, Chrome Web Apps integration, etc.
- File storage in the "Cloud" - support of file storage and management in Amazon S3, Google Storage, and other Cloud services; rules can be set for uploading large files directly to the Cloud.
- "I like" button - an "I like" button featured on website pages to rate content items.
- Rating-based sorting and search - search results displayed according to rating criteria (highest rated, etc).
- Time zone settings - customers can change the time zone to their local time (other than that of the web server) so that the website time is displayed and processed correctly for documents changes, activity logs, chat history, etc.
- Secure authorization - extended settings in the PRO+PRO module to provide even greater security in the authorization procedure.
- Short URL support – creates shorter names for generated pages automatically.
- Support of Schema.org standards - support of microdata (special html tags) for better SEO and categorization of products as well as multimedia galleries on the website (will be available in the Bitrix e-Commerce solution only).
- Completely renewed interface and usability in a number of modules, other enhancements.
"Bitrix Site Manager is simply the easiest way for developers to create visually appealing websites and e-Stores – on time and under any budget. The upcoming product release is scheduled for October, 2011, and will include both new functionality and general improvements on the previous version of Bitrix Site Manager" - said Dmitry Valyanov, president of Bitrix, Inc.
The new product version and all product updates will be available through the built-in SiteUpdate system to all Bitrix Customers and Partners with valid subscriptions to technical support and updates.