NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
Redwood Shores, CA, United States, 2011/09/06 - New installer streamlines deployment, extends high availability to Windows Server 2008 R2 (NASDAQ: ORCL) - Oracle.com. NYSE, NASDAQ: ORCL
Further improving MySQL’s capabilities for Microsoft Windows, Oracle today announced the general availability of a new MySQL Installer for Windows.
By simplifying and streamlining the installation process for MySQL users running on Windows platforms, the new MySQL Installer for Windows can significantly reduce installation time.
To further support Windows users, Oracle has completed certification of MySQL Enterprise Edition for Windows Server 2008 R2 Failover Clustering, (1) enabling Windows users to deploy business-critical applications that demand high levels of availability.
Oracle is holding a webinar on September 15, 2011 at 9.00 am. Pacific Time to detail how Windows users can benefit from these new capabilities.
Simplify and Speed Up MySQL Installation on Windows
Oracle delivers up to 90 percent cost savings over Microsoft SQL Server with MySQL Enterprise Edition, (2) which includes a complete suite of visual tools for modeling, development, monitoring, administration and backup of Windows-based MySQL applications.
MySQL Installer for Windows delivers:
• An intuitive graphical interface that guides users through the installation process.
• The ability to install all MySQL products that are required at once.
• An integrated update system for all MySQL products installed.
Certification of MySQL Enterprise Edition with Windows Server 2008 R2 Failover Clustering enables users to leverage:
• Automatic detection of MySQL or underlying server failures, allowing the MySQL instance to be restarted while applications accessing the database automatically reconnect to the new “hot running” MySQL instance.
• An expanded scope of high availability solutions, including replication and MySQL Cluster.
"Oracle continues to invest in MySQL to address the evolving needs of Windows users,” said Tomas Ulin, Oracle’s MySQL vice president of Engineering. “With MySQL’s new installer for Windows and failover clustering certification, enterprise users and ISVs can improve management, reduce cost, and power business critical applications with MySQL Enterprise Edition using native Windows Clustering Services.”
Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL) is the world's most complete, open, and integrated business software and hardware systems company. For more information about Oracle, please visit our Website at oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
(1) Technical support for Windows Server Failover Clustering is provided by Microsoft.
Kristin Reeves, Blanc & Otus
P: +1.415.856.5145 / E: kreeves[.]blancandotus.com.