NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
Singapore, Singapore, 2011/08/26 - CapitaLand, Kyocera, Nippon Paint and Akzo Nobel among companies honoured.
Frost & Sullivan honoured and recognized 28 companies for their excellence in sustainable products, services and strategies at the 2011 Frost & Sullivan Asia Pacific Green Excellence Awards banquet held today at the Amara Sanctuary Resort Sentosa, Singapore.
The 2011 Frost & Sullivan Green Excellence Awards are presented to companies in the Building and Environment, Energy, Logistics, Healthcare and Chemicals industry sectors that have demonstrated significant progress in enhancing the long-term sustainability and managing the environmental impact of its operations, which results in measurable improvement in the company’s overall environmental performance within its industry sector.
"I would like to congratulate our award recipients on their commitment and success in their efforts to care for the environment. The importance of sustainability is beyond question and we are proud to highlight their achievements with the 2011 Frost & Sullivan Asia Pacific Green Excellence Awards," said Manoj Menon, Partner and Asia Pacific Managing Director, Frost & Sullivan.
He added,"With growing public awareness and dedication to caring for the environment, the new generation will choose eco-friendly transportation modes, use paper-bags instead of plastics and may never print any document. They will look out to ensure that the products and services they consume are manufactured by companies that are environmentally responsible. Private businesses need to take the lead in promoting green practices."
Frost & Sullivan identifies the outstanding industry achievements by comparing market participants and measuring their performance through in-depth interviews, market analysis, and extensive secondary research.
Award recipients were evaluated based on their social impact, overall market growth and penetration, profit margins, growth in market share, stock price, and overall industry impact.
Green Purchasing Asia is a Media Partner for the 2011 Frost & Sullivan Asia Pacific Green Excellence Awards.
For more details on the 2011 Frost & Sullivan Asia Pacific Green Excellence Awards log-on to frost-apac.com/greenawards
Saluting Asia Pacific’s Green Champions
Frost & Sullivan congratulates all the recipients of the 2011 Frost & Sullivan Asia Pacific Green Excellence Awards.
2011 Frost & Sullivan Asia Pacific Green Excellence Awards Recipients
Building and Environment
• Technology Innovation in Eco-Materials - Cardia Bioplastics
• Technology Innovation in Waste Processing - Blest
• Technology Innovation in Carbon Capture - MBD Energy
• Technology Innovation in Green Building Materials - Monier Sdn Bhd
• Green Facilities Management Company of the Year - UGL
• Green Builder of the Year - CapitaLand
• Product Innovation in Renewable Energy - Solar Frontier
• Technology Innovation in Data Centre Power Management - Emerson Network Power
• Technology Innovation in Building Power Management - Ubiquitous
• Solar Energy Vendor of the Year - Kyocera Corporation
• Wind Equipment Vendor of the Year - Suzlon
• Wind Project Developer of the Year - AGL Energy Limited
• Geothermal Equipment Vendor of the Year - Fuji Electric Co., Ltd.
• Geothermal Project Developer of the Year - PT Pertamina Geothermal Energy
• Green Home-Grown Logistics Service Provider of the Year - Keppel Logistics
• Green Cargo Terminal Operator of the Year - Hongkong International Terminals
• Green Pharmaceutical Contract Manufacturing Company of the Year - Lonza Biologics Tuas
• Product Innovation in Industrial Biocatalysts - BioWish
• Service Innovation in Algae Technology - AlgaeTech
• Product Innovation in Renewable Chemicals - Emery Oleochemicals
• Technology Innovation in Bioenergy - Asia Biogas
• Product Innovation in Bioenergy - Neste Oil
• Product Innovation in Automotive Coatings - PPG
• Product Innovation in Decorative Coatings - Nippon Paint
• Service Innovation in Paint Re-use - Akzo Nobel
• Product Innovation in Natural Tocotrienols - Palm Nutraceuticals
• Technology Innovation in Green Chemistry - LanzaTech
• Technology Innovation in Biotechnology - Microbiogen
About Frost & Sullivan
Frost & Sullivan, the Growth Partnership Company, enables clients to accelerate growth and achieve best-in-class positions in growth, innovation and leadership. The company's Growth Partnership Service provides the CEO and the CEO's Growth Team with disciplined research and best-practice models to drive the generation, evaluation, and implementation of powerful growth strategies. Frost & Sullivan leverages 50 years of experience in partnering with Global 1000 companies, emerging businesses and the investment community from more than 40 offices on six continents.