NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
Houston, TX, United States, 2011/08/15 - On September 1, food safety experts from LRQA and representatives from leading food companies will gather in an interactive forum to share best-practice in ensuring food safety across the supply chain - LRQA.com.
Key topics include the GFSI, the Foundation for Food Safety Certification, FSSC 22000 and how to create a food safety culture
On September 1, 2011, food safety experts from LRQA and representatives from leading food companies including Cargill, Citrosuco and Alta Mogiano, will gather in an interactive forum in Sao Paulo, Brazil to share best-practice in ensuring food safety across the supply chain and lead discussions on important issues facing the global food industry.
Among the topics to be discussed include:
• the Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI), a non-profit collaboration between some of the world's leading food safety experts from retailer, manufacturer and food service companies;
• the Foundation for Food Safety Certification (FSSC), a non-profit organization that focuses on the international compliance and adaptability of food safety standards;
• FSSC 22000, the first food safety management system standard based on ISO 22000 and developed specifically for the food manufacturing industry;
• the expansion of FSSC 22000 across the food supply chain through new initiatives such as PAS 223 for safe food packaging.
The forum’s guest speakers include:
• Ulisses Dias, Gerente da Qualidade Business unit Food da Cargill no Brasil;
• Fernando Vicente, Diretor Industrial da Usina Alta Mogiana;
• Arnaldo Nestor Mufalo Junior, Engenheiro da Qualidade da Citrosuco;
• Cor Groenveld, Foundation for Food Safety Certification e Gerente Global do LRQA de Alimentos;
• Beatriz Del Fiol, Coordenadora da Área de Alimentos do LRQA Brasil;
• Vel Pillay, Manager Food Safety Programs, LRQA Americas.
The forum is open to food safety professionals and associations across the food supply chain and is one of two industry-leading food safety events occurring in Sao Paulo during the first two days of September. Both the September 1st LRQA Brazil Food Safety Forum and the September 2nd GFSI Focus Day Latin America (lrqa.com) are expected to draw hundreds of representatives from some of the world’s leading consumer food companies.
The forum is among a series of food safety events supported by LRQA across the Americas. Learn about other food safety events that LRQA is participating in.