These seminars, which are sponsored by Ellis Salsby and De Vere, enable salespeople to develop their potential, improve their performance and network with their peers. According to Stephen Wright, the ISMM’s Commercial Director, the seminars are intended to contain thought-provoking ideas and practical insights for maximising sales and winning new business.
Delegate places are free for ISMM members. Those who are not members of the ISMM but who would like to attend the seminar should contact June Kelly on 01582 840001.
Places must be pre-booked via the ISMM website.
The seminars, which run from 6.15pm to 9pm, are taking place at:
• Leeds: 8th September. Speakers are: Ashley Latter, who will look at how to gain customer commitment, and Paul McGee, who can provide techniques for developing resilience and persistence.
• Milton Keynes: 15th September. Speakers are: David Key, who aims to break down any beliefs that limit sales performance, and Jeremy Malindine, who explores how beliefs can drive results.
• Solihull: 22nd September. Speakers are: ‘Stand out selling’ specialist Andy Preston and Royston Guest, who will explore how to turn customers into your salesforce.
• Newcastle upon Tyne: 6th October. Speakers are: Dr Deborah Swallow, who will be discussing how to adapt selling skills across cultures, and Andy Hanselman, who will be looking at techniques for creating ‘devoted’ customers.
• Swindon: 27th October. Speakers are: social media specialist, Adam Gray, and goal mapping guru, Bryan Mayne.
• London: 3rd November. Speakers are: Business networking specialist Heather White, and presentations specialist, Nick Oulton.
• Southampton: 10th November. Speakers are: social media specialist, Adam Gray, and goal mapping guru, Bryan Mayne.
• Knutsford: 24th November. Speakers are: Kenny Harris, who will be suggesting techniques to develop new ideas, and Steve Head, whose topic is ‘delivering more with less’.
• Reading: 1st December. Speakers are: Graham Phelps, who is speaking on ‘how to stop selling and help people buy’, and inspirational leadership specialist, Alex MacPhail.
The ISMM’s Stephen Wright commented: “As a professional institute which seeks to set and maintain standards, we are keen to facilitate and promote opportunities for those involved in the sales and marketing sector to develop their knowledge and skills through formal training and/or continuing professional development (CPD) activities.
“So, we’re delighted to have such an impressive array of talented – and knowledgeable – speakers to lead our autumn series of Business Success Seminars.
“Hopefully, any ISMM member who wants to develop her/his sales skills will be able to attend at least one of these free sessions,” he added.
About The Institute of Sales & Marketing Management
The Institute of Sales & Marketing Management (ISMM) is the UK's association for sales professionals. Founded in 1911 to promote standards of excellence in sales and sales management and to enhance the status and profile of sales as a profession, the ISMM supports, represents and promotes the sales profession. It has been the authoritative voice of selling and the custodian of sales standards, ethics and best practice for many years.
The ISMM is also responsible for establishing benchmarks of professionalism in sales. It is the only membership body recognised by the UK Government regulatory body Ofqual as an awarding organisation to offer qualifications in sales, marketing and sales management.
The ISMM’s annual British Excellence in Sales & Marketing Awards (BESMA) are the most prestigious awards for the sales profession.