NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
Redwood Shores, CA, United States, 2011/07/21 - Co-developed by Infosys and Oracle, Pre-Built Integration Links Oracle's Siebel Clinical Trial Management System with Financial Applications (NASDAQ: ORCL) (NASDAQ: INFY) - Infosys.com / Oracle.com. NYSE: INFY
• To help life sciences organizations and contract research organizations (CROs) streamline financial management and automate the often complex clinical trial payment process, Oracle has delivered Oracle Clinical Trial Payments Process Integration Pack (PIP).
• Co-developed by Infosys and Oracle and released in conjunction with Oracle Application Integration Architecture Opens in a new window 3.1, Oracle Clinical Trial Payments is a partial PIP that provides pre-built integration components for Siebel Clinical Trial Management System Opens in a new window and a complete design specification for integration with financial applications.
• With Oracle Clinical Trial Payments PIP, users can create, manage and monitor payment requests within Siebel Clinical Trial Management System. The PIP automatically sends payment requests to the integrated financial applications, helps automate the workflow, and provides users with a synchronized view of payment status from either Siebel Clinical Trial Management System or the integrated financial applications.
• Completed transactions are automatically registered in Siebel Clinical Trial Management System with comprehensive disbursement details including payment date, payment amount and check number.
• Infosys is a Diamond Level partner in the Oracle PartnerNetwork program and has a dedicated Center of Excellence for competencies on Clinical Trial Management Systems (CTMS).
• "Payment structures in clinical trials can be quite complex, and can vary by trial. At the same time, efficient management of payments to investigators and other participants in the clinical trial process is essential to maintaining strong relationships and trial progression," said Neil de Crescenzo, senior vice president and general manager, Oracle Health Sciences. "Oracle Clinical Trial Payment Process Integration Pack helps trial sponsors and CROs to streamline and more effectively manage the payment process to ensure accountability and prompt payments."
• "Accurate payment information is necessary to identify investigators, spot issues, and manage contacts and accounts. Oracle Clinical Trial Payments PIP helps sponsors accelerate clinical studies by strengthening relationships with Investigators through ensuring timely payments and reducing processing costs," said Ravi Kumar S., Vice president and Global Head, Oracle Practice at Infosys. "The co-developed product provides an excellent solution to study delays due to site initiation and patient enrollment challenges, which is now integrated into our client solutions portfolio."
• "The Payment Processing PIP is an innovative, integrated and smart solution to a large business problem that has hampered clinical trials for years. This is just one example where Infosys has leveraged our in-depth industry knowledge and deep technical expertise to create an elegant system integration solution that will greatly simplify a complex business process. Our team is focused on creating solutions that streamline Clinical and Regulatory processes through the creative use of technologies including repositories, analytics and system integration," said Dheeshjith V. G., Senior Vice President and Global Head, Life Sciences at Infosys.
Oracle (oracle.com) is the world's most complete, open, and integrated business software and hardware systems company.
Many of the world's most successful organizations rely on the 133,000 people of Infosys to deliver measurable business value. Infosys (infosys.com) provides business consulting, technology, engineering and outsourcing services to help clients in over 30 countries build tomorrow's enterprise.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.