New report finds new opportunities for Data Centre providers in Bulgaria, Russia and Turkey and high growth rates - with raised floor space set to grow by 45% to the end of 2016
Published: Wed 20 July 2011
A new report called the Emerging Market Data Centre 2011 to 2016, finds that eleven countries are due to experience growth in new facility development and in pricing over the next 5-year period.
The new report produces the findings from a survey of 114 Data Centre facilities from 76 providers across 11 emerging market countries including Albania, Bosnia, Bulgaria, Croatia, Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Russia, Serbia, Turkey and the Ukraine.
Out of the 11 markets surveyed the 4 largest are Russia, Turkey, the Ukraine and Bulgaria – which accounts for two thirds of all the Data Centres in the countries. Each of the 4 has an established market with multiple Data Centre operators and plans for expansion by both Carrier Based and Carrier Neutral providers. The report highlights a number of trends in the 11 Data Centre Emerging Markets which include:
• The size of Data Centres are relatively small - In the 11 emerging markets Data Centres have an average size of only 800 square metres, and the average size is markedly smaller than in established markets – with the largest Data Centre facility typically having around 2,000 square metres of raised floor space.
• Data Centre space is set to increase significantly over the next 5 years – Across the 11 countries Technical Data Centre space is forecast to rise from 59,000 square metres to 86,000 square metres (an increase of 45 per cent over the 5 year period to the end of 2016)
• Pricing is also set to increase over the 5 year period - Average rack space rental is forecast to increase by 9 per cent over the same 5 year period (from 810 Euro per month to 880 Euro per month)
• There are relatively few Carrier Neutral Data Centres present – There are only a handful of Carrier Neutral Data Centres available – with 3 alone in Bulgaria, one of the most rapidly maturing Data Centre markets in the survey
• Many Data Centres are following varied Business Models – Data Centre providers in the region are from a number of segments including from the telecoms, ISP, integration and IT services segments.
“The Data Centre in these emerging markets is now seen as a key component in driving economic growth,” says Margrit Sessions, Managing Director of Tariff Consultancy Ltd. “In countries such as Russia the Government and telecoms providers are both seeking to develop new Data Centres as a means of spurring economic growth and attracting new IT investment and this is driving development across the region.”
About the Emerging Market Data Centre 2011 – 2016 report
Available from the TCL website a single user licence costs GBP 1,495, and provides a survey of Data Centres in 11 countries including Albania, Bosnia, Bulgaria, Croatia, Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Russia, Serbia Turkey & the Ukraine. Each country profile includes key Data Centre providers, Data Centre raised floor space, power costs, rack space pricing, 50 KVA suite pricing, and 5 year forecasts for new rack space, 50 KVA suite pricing and technical raised space.
The Data Centre in Europe 2011 report covering 23 markets in Europe has been published. Click here to view the findings.
About Tariff Consultancy Ltd (TCL): TCL is a international telecoms pricing consultancy and research company based in London which provides a range of subscription services and Price Tracker services for mobile, fixed line and Data Centre segments.