CollabNet®, the leader in Agile development in the Cloud, announced today that it has been named to the 2011 SD Times 100 list in the “ALM & SCM” category for the third year in a row. CollabNet is the company behind the award-winning CollabNet TeamForge® ALM platform, which features flexible support for every software development environment, methodology, and technology; CollabNet Subversion Edge, an industry-first distribution that combines Apache Subversion®, Apache Web servers, and ViewVC with a powerful, Web-based management interface; and ScrumWorks®, the most popular Agile/Scrum project and program management solution on the market today. The winners were listed in the June 2011 print issue of BZ Media’s SD Times and on sdtimes.com.
Each year, the editors of SD Times honor the companies, organizations, and individuals that have most broadly set the industry’s agenda and advanced the state of the art in the prior calendar year. CollabNet was selected as a company that “makes the tools that help enterprises stay current with changes in their industry and take advantage of new opportunities.”
In 2010, CollabNet significantly extended its leadership in the software development tools space, prompting a leading analyst firm to give CollabNet the highest rating for strategic leadership among agile ALM vendors. In February, the company extended its Agile capabilities with the acquisition of Danube Technologies, Inc., the worldwide leader in Scrum project management solutions. As a result of this acquisition, CollabNet offers Danube’s industry-leading ScrumWorks Pro software for Agile project and program management and provides training, certification, coaching, and consulting services to organizations implementing Agile. Today, CollabNet assists more software development teams with collaborative, distributed, and Agile development projects than any other company, and, with the Danube addition, they’ve certified more than 10,000 Scrum Masters worldwide.
In October, CollabNet extended its pioneering leadership in Cloud-based software development with the acquisition of Codesion, Inc., which provides the world’s leading enterprise-grade Subversion hosting platform, currently serving more than 4,000 customers and 100,000 users in 90 countries. Codesion’s best-in-class provisioning and e-commerce technology delivers Subversion, Git, and other applications as a Software as a Service (SaaS) offering, helping developers to code, connect, and deploy in the Cloud. Today, CollabNet Codesion™ Cloud Services offers customers flexible and high-velocity Cloud-based access to CollabNet products, including CollabNet’s flagship TeamForge ALM platform.
“We’re very pleased to be selected to the SD Times 100 for the third straight year,” said Bill Portelli, chief executive officer, CollabNet. “It’s a testament to our ongoing efforts to provide the very best Cloud-based, Agile ALM solutions for today’s software developers. 2010 was a fantastic year for CollabNet, and we expect to raise the bar even higher in 2011.”
CollabNet also demonstrated its market leadership in 2010 in other ways. For example:
• CollabNet released CollabNet TeamForge 5.4, the latest version of its flagship ALM platform, offering a full-featured, requirements-through-release ALM solution that is optimized for Agile teams and continuous integration.
• CollabNet introduced CollabNet Subversion Edge, a premier distribution of the world’s most popular SCM tool, which further extended the company’s leadership in the Subversion marketplace.
• CollabNet was named a “Leader in Agile Development Management Tools” and an “Innovative Application Development and Deployment Company under $100M to Watch” by two of the industry’s most respected analyst firms.
• CollabNet upgraded its Lab Management offering, which provides cross-department DevOps capabilities by enabling distributed development teams to quickly and dynamically reconfigure development, build, and test environments.
• CollabNet’s thought leadership in the area of Agile development in the Cloud was recognized by the organizers of more than a dozen industry conferences and events who invited CollabNet employees to present.
• CollabNet continued to support the Forge.mil initiative. Built on CollabNet TeamForge, the award-winning software development platform for the U.S. Department of Defense continues to gather acclaim and, to date, has more than 10,000 users working on more than 500 projects.
“The software development industry has always been led by innovation, and that’s true even in today’s challenging economic climate,” said Alan Zeichick, Co-Founder and Editorial Director of BZ Media’s SD Times. “When choosing the 2011 SD Times 100 winners, we carefully considered each organization’s products and services, reputation with enterprise development managers, and the new ideas and thought leadership that it has brought to the industry. Thanks to companies like CollabNet, the art of software development continues to advance at a rapid pace.”
CollabNet (collab.net) is the recognized leader in leveraging collaboration, Agile methods, and Cloud computing to transform the way software development organizations develop and deploy applications. We enable our customers to efficiently manage lifecycles, development processes, distributed teams, and projects. Our lightweight and easy-to-use platform, offered in the Cloud on the Codesion hosting platform and in on-premises versions, delivers substantial cost, quality, and time-to-market improvements to more than 7,000 customers, from workgroups to enterprises.
About BZ Media
BZ Media LLC® (bzmedia.com) is a high-tech media company combining the best of print and Web-based publishing, offering industry-leading magazines, newspapers, Websites and conferences.
BZ Media’s SD Times® (sdtimes.com) is the leading magazine for the software development industry. Published since 2000, SD Times reaches more than 65,000 subscribers in 131 countries.
CollabNet, ScrumWorks and TeamForge are registered trademarks of CollabNet, Inc.
Apache and Apache Subversion are trademarks of the Apache Software Foundation. Subversion® is a registered trademark of the Apache Software Foundation.
Other names may be trademarks of their respective holders.