Today, CommVault announced it has won the 2011 Microsoft Server Platform Partner of the Year Award. The company was honored among a global field of top Microsoft partners for demonstrating excellence in innovation and implementation of customer solutions based on Microsoft technology.
This award, chosen by Microsoft judges, reflects CommVault’s long history of aligning efforts with Microsoft and its commitment to and success helping Microsoft customers better manage data in Microsoft Exchange, SharePoint® Server, SQL Server®, Azure and Hyper-V environments.
CommVault helps companies protect their data and manage explosive data growth across physical, virtual and cloud infrastructures. Through its award winning Simpana® 9 software and data deduplication technology, companies can reduce data by up to 90 percent while lowering data management costs and increasing the reliability and flexibility of their server infrastructures.
• CommVault has won the 2011 Microsoft Server Platform Partner of the Year Award. The company was honored among a global field of top Microsoft partners for demonstrating excellence in innovation and implementation of customer solutions based on Microsoft technology.
• Awards were presented in multiple categories, with winners chosen from a set of more than 3,000 entrants worldwide. CommVault was recognized for providing outstanding solutions and services in Microsoft Server Platform Partner of the Year.
• The Server Platform Partner of the Year Award honors a partner who has delivered solutions enabling a customer to increase the reliability and flexibility of server infrastructures, save time and reduce costs, and provide a server platform for a dynamic and efficiently managed datacenter. This award recognizes CommVault for dramatically transforming customer's server infrastructure resulting in higher levels of scalability, availability, and reliability, reduced IT labor or hardware costs, and streamlined overall operational efficiency.
• The Microsoft Partner Awards recognize Microsoft partners that have developed and delivered exceptional Microsoft-based solutions over the past year.
CommVault® Simpana® 9 for Microsoft Platforms
• Simpana 9 software is the foundation for modern data management and allows users to better manage information assets, recover and search data more quickly and ultimately save money over loosely integrated, legacy solutions. CommVault has optimized Simpana 9 software in order to protect data and information assets wherever they reside; physical, virtual, and in the cloud. Simpana software delivers a truly unified approach that helps users accelerate performance, improve efficiency and lower cost.
• The Windows Server 2008 R2 certified and Hyper-V accredited Simpana 9 software is a single software platform that enables data protection, active-archiving, granular backup and recovery, deduplication and content search and indexing for Windows, Windows Server, Hyper-V and applications residing in Windows environments. CommVault software can also assist customers in migrating from UNIX, Linux and Netware to Windows as a heterogeneous data backed up and archived by CommVault can be restored to Windows.
• "Microsoft is pleased to distinguish CommVault as Server Platform Partner of the Year," said Bob Kelly, corporate vice president of Infrastructure and Server Marketing at Microsoft. "Utilizing Microsoft’s Windows Server 2008 platform, technologies and solution accelerators, CommVault has transformed customer server infrastructures by enabling more effective data management, increasing efficiency, reducing costs, and amplifying both consistency and flexibility of the overall system architecture.”
• “CommVault is proud to be recognized by Microsoft as the 2011 Server Platform Partner of the Year,” said Randy De Meno, chief technologist, Windows Products & Microsoft Partnerships, CommVault. “The recognition continues the tradition of strong collaboration between CommVault and Microsoft which started over a decade ago and is the foundation of our Simpana technology today. Building Simpana software on the Windows platform was a strategic decision and is key to enabling us to rapidly deliver our solution to market and expedite development cycles.”
Follow CommVault on Twitter: twitter.com/CommVault | Follow CommVault on Facebook: facebook.com/CommVault