D-Link’s new DSR-1000N Unified Services Router to deliver cost-effective business continuity and robust branch office networking
Fully compatible with IPV6, new router offers a green, scalable, feature-rich and secure approach to wireless networking
In order to increase productivity, businesses are looking at how to securely and reliably connect branch offices and remote workers to the corporate network, while meeting the requirements of stringent IT budgets. To help customers respond to these challenges D-Link has today launched the DSR-1000N Unified Services Router to offer businesses secure networking across multiple branches.
Traditionally, branch offices have been tethered to fixed networks with limited security for connecting back to the main network. The DSR-1000N offers comparable performance to traditional wired networks and is an ideal solution for small-to-medium sized businesses looking to wirelessly connect their branch offices and remote workers in a secure manner. D-Link’s DSR-1000N comprehensive ‘out-of-the-box’ security features enable the creation of a fully-featured Virtual Private Network (VPN) engine, providing remote users and branch offices with encrypted links for secure access to central resources. Coupled with an enterprise-class, subscription-based Intrusion Prevention System (IPS), the DSR-1000N safeguards against zero-day network attacks.
The DSR-1000N boasts an impressive range of energy-saving features, including a WLAN Scheduler for power saving and enhanced security during off-peak hours. Furthermore, intelligent green Ethernet technology provides intelligence calculates the length of cables connected to the router, so only the minimum amount of energy is used. These power-saving features not only reduce electricity costs but also extend the life of the router and other connected devices.
By integrating a dualband Wireless N access point and supporting 3G mobile connectivity via a D-Link 3G USB dongle, the DSR-1000N delivers best-in-class business recovery in case of loss of Internet connectivity. An additional USB port is also available for connecting and sharing a printer or a USB hard drive over the network. The DSR-1000N also offers load balancing and fault tolerance for networks that provide critical services, guaranteeing round-the-clock connectivity in the event of an internet connection failure.
Chris Davies, General Manager, D-Link UK & Ireland, said: “Businesses need to provide employees with secure remote access to the corporate network, regardless of location or device. Not only will our new router offer secure remote connectivity for businesses, but through the 3G-based back-up data connection, it offers a robust and cost-effective level of business continuity. Moreover, the DSR-1000N has a number of high-end energy-saving features and is also fully compliant with IPv6 networks, meaning that there will be no requirement for businesses to replace their routers while upgrading from IPv4 to IPv6 in the future.”
Capabilities of the DRS-1000N:
- An all-in-one box solution – the DSR-1000N provides core network services and ensures round-the-clock Internet access without the need for complicated installs or network configurations. Combining dualband Wireless N connectivity, robust firewall, WAN load balancing and VPN tunnelling in a single-box solution, D-Link’s DSR-1000N will deliver cost savings for businesses requiring high-performance and secure networking. Different virtual access points can be configured and associated with various network resources, including corporate servers and Internet-only access;
- Security features – The DSR-1000N’s robust firewall includes D-Link’s professional Intrusion Prevention System (IPS). This helps businesses to protect their network from external threats by automatically detecting intrusion patterns and focussing on attack payloads; therefore, preventing intrusions before they affect the network. D-Link’s DSR-1000N supports the latest version of Simple Network Management Protocol, SNMPv3, which addresses the deficiencies in security and administration of previous versions;
- Green Power saving – D-Links’ new router also incorporates WLAN Scheduler, a tool that allows businesses to power down their networks when outside of peak hours. This further enhances security by effectively shutting the corporate network down when not in use while also enabling significant power efficiencies for businesses. The DSR-1000N also includes Green Ethernet technology, including cable length detection to ensure that only the minimum amount of energy is enough to power the router. As well as reducing electricity bills for businesses, the power-saving technology also increases the life-span of the router;
- Ease of use – The DSR-1000N can be easily configured via an intuitive web-based graphical interface. Setup wizards guide the user through the configuration and management process, making it ideal for businesses that have limited in-house IT resource;
- IPv6 ready – D-Link’s DSR-1000N is IPv6 certified, which ensures that networks are future-proofed and investments are protected as business’ ISPs migrate to the next-generation Internet standard. Furthermore, this also allows users to take advantage of the advanced security mechanisms embedded in this new protocol.
Price and Availability
The D-Link DSR-1000N is available through the company’s broad choice of reseller partners, priced from the suggested retail price (SRP) of £394.49 including VAT.
D-Link (d-link.co.uk) is one of the world’s leading networking infrastructure providers, and this year celebrates its 25th year of delivering innovative, high-performing and intuitive products for both businesses and consumers. For a quarter of a century, D-Link has designed, developed and manufactured award-winning networking, wireless, storage, security and IP surveillance solutions. D-Link delivers its extensive range of networking products to organisations and consumers though its global network of channel partners and service providers. D-Link understands the significance of accessing, managing, securing and sharing data and digital content, and has pioneered many IP technologies to deliver a fully integrated Digital Home and business network experience.