This week at The Cable Show, Rovi Corporation, exhibiting in booth # 603, will showcase its new technologies and solutions for cable service providers — from advanced user interfaces featuring search, discovery and recommendations to multi-device IP video distribution. Rovi solutions enable cable operators to bring a more robust entertainment experience and easier access of content anytime, from multiple sources to their subscribers.
Cable Show attendees will be able to see firsthand the following solutions on demonstration at the Rovi booth and the Rovi Innovation Bar located within its exhibit:
• Rovi TotalGuide Application for Set-top Boxes (STBs), announced today, is an advanced media guide that initially sits alongside Rovi i-Guide to enhance the cable subscriber experience by enabling integrated search, browse and discovery of content across linear, on demand and DVR services.
• Rovi TotalGuide xD, a white-label search and discovery application for tablets, smartphones and PCs helps cable operators extend their brand and cable video services across multiple screens. The demo of Rovi TotalGuide xD will feature the ability to connect to Rovi Guides, i-Guide and Passport Guide for remote recording and tuning.
• Rovi Remote DVR Scheduling Application for i-Guide and Passport Guide is designed to enhance the MSO’s consumer website and provides subscribers with the convenience of scheduling and managing DVR recordings, browsing TV listings and searching for shows — all remotely from a PC or web-enabled devices.
• Rovi ETV/EBIF™ Solution and Applications powered by FourthWall Media on the Cisco platform, and coming soon to Motorola, is designed to help cable operators establish the EBIF standard and bring iTV services integrated with Rovi Guides to their subscribers’ TVs. The ETV applications include News, Finance, Weather, Sports, eBay® on TV, and Yellow Pages® on TV.
• Rovi Advertising Network is available across service provider, consumer electronics and web platforms, enabling advertisers and networks to increase brand awareness through enhanced listings, promotions, interactive content and video. Rovi solutions showcased at The Cable Show will demonstrate how advertisers can more effectively reach their targeted audiences using the advanced capabilities of the Rovi Advertising Network.
• Rovi Cloud Services is a suite of web-based solutions that can help cable operators bring innovative new products, services and applications to market faster across multiple platforms and devices. Rovi Cloud Services on display at The Cable Show on Rovi TotalGuide and other Rovi applications enable cable operators to deliver a unique and engaging experience for the connected consumer utilizing Rovi data, search, recommendations, management and advertising services.
Rovi Video Distribution Solution, also unveiled today, will enable cable operators to provide their subscribers with access to TV entertainment virtually anywhere through connected devices such as tablets, smartphones and PCs. The solution is based on a cost-effective, end-to-end platform that uses Rovi Cloud Services, RoxioNow™ and DivX® technologies. When launched with Rovi TotalGuide xD, cable operators will be able to extend their brand to web-connected devices and deliver new ways for consumers to enjoy video content.
Continuing its commitment to offer cable operators advanced solutions and innovative technologies to help them bring cutting-edge services to their subscribers, Rovi is announcing that it has acquired certain assets of DigiForge. Rovi will now have the support of DigiForge’s expertise in systems architecture, embedded systems development, end-to-end system integration and testing, helping Rovi address the expanding needs of MSOs deploying new capabilities to the market.
About Rovi Corporation
Rovi Corporation (rovicorp.com) is focused on revolutionizing the digital entertainment landscape by delivering solutions that enable consumers to intuitively connect to new entertainment from many sources and locations. The company also provides extensive entertainment discovery solutions for television, movies, music and photos to its customers in the consumer electronics, cable and satellite, entertainment and online distribution markets. These solutions, complemented by industry leading entertainment data, create the connections between people and technology, and enable them to discover and manage entertainment in an enjoyable form.
Rovi holds nearly 5,000 issued or pending patents worldwide and is headquartered in Santa Clara, California, with numerous offices across the United States and around the world including Japan, Hong Kong, Luxembourg, and the United Kingdom.
Forward Looking Statements
All statements contained herein that are not statements of historical fact, including statements that use the words "will" or "is expected to," or similar words that describe the Company's or its management's future plans, objectives, or goals, are "forward-looking statements" and are made pursuant to the Safe-Harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Such forward-looking statements involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors that could cause the actual results of the Company to be materially different from the historical results and/or from any future results or outcomes expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. Such factors are further addressed in the Company's most recent annual report on Form 10-K for the period ended December 31, 2010 and such other documents as are filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission from time to time (available at sec.gov/). The Company assumes no obligation to update any forward-looking statements in order to reflect events or circumstances that may arise after the date of this release, except as required by law.