NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
Toronto, Ontario, Canada, 2011/06/06 - Miratel Solutions, an inbound and outbound call centre, eBusiness and letter shop mail house specializing in professional fundraising services are proud to be building on the capacity, infrastructure and green initiatives at its Toronto headquarters.
Miratel Solutions (Miratel) are a leading provider of fundraising services designed specifically for nonprofit organizations. Since its inception in 2000, the company has successfully completed more than 40 million donor interactions via phone, web, fax and mail representing over $1.3 billion in gross fundraising revenue. Miratel’s client base includes some of Canada’s largest and most reputable nonprofit organizations who rely on Miratel to provide expert telephone fundraising, lottery management, online fundraising, donation processing and other donor program management services. To date, the company has experienced over 300% growth due to its exemplary quality, extensive service profile and commitment to corporate social responsibility (CSR) values.
This continued growth has generated the need for additional expansion and Miratel has seized that opportunity by meshing the best in new technologies while reaffirming the company’s dedication to corporate responsibility. Today, Miratel are excited to be announcing the completion of the first phase of these most recent expansion plans. This investment demonstrates the company's relentless dedication to its clients who require robust, flexible services with an expansive capacity to optimize performance efficiencies and output while remaining financially responsible. The first phase of the project at Miratel’s Toronto head office included:
• The addition of 55 web-enabled contact centre workstations;
• Improved telephony and network technology;
• Increased capacity;
• The addition of eco-friendly business equipment and strategies.
Miratel’s Managing Partner, Tracy Ritson explains “We have always maintained that nonprofit organizations deserve the same professional, quality solutions that are expected from companies servicing the Fortune 500. They may abide by a different credo compared to for-profit businesses but that should not impact standards or expectations. We have built Miratel around the belief that nonprofit business merits the same care, attention and consideration and our ongoing investment in strengthening the fundraising services we provide is a sign of our unwavering support of that conviction. Plus, we achieve this without increasing costs to our clients, enabling nonprofits to remain fiscally responsible while ensuring donors receive the highest caliber of service."
That belief combined with firm CSR business policies formed the foundation of Miratel and they remain their guiding principles to this day. A high regard for the overall environmental impact was a key consideration throughout every phase of the expansion, with measured efforts to minimize waste and lighten their long-term eco-footprint. Keen attention was paid to reusing, repurposing, recycling, responsible procurement and conscientious consumption as demonstrated by:
• Only Energy Star rated computers and monitors were purchased;
• Zero VOC paint was used throughout;
• Reused doors, windows and carpet wherever possible during demolition and construction;
• Retrofitted over 100 desks and incorporated them into new modular units;
• Old cabling and wire sent to recycler who then separated the copper from the other components to minimize what was sent to the landfill;
• Localized electrical supply for lighting allowing for smaller sections of office to be lit as required;
• Installed the highest rated energy-efficient hand dryers in all washrooms;
• Installed biodegradable toilet seat covers in all washrooms.
These tactics have proven to reduce project waste significantly and will continue to do so in the second phase and beyond while simultaneously complementing Miratel’s existing green initiatives including:
• Operations powered by 100% renewable electrical and gas power with Bullfrog Power;
• Recycling Program for paper, cardboard, glass, plastic and metals;
• Office cleaned using toxin-free green products only;
• Responsible Consumption Practices;
• Sustainable Procurement tactics;
• Internal Green Committee;
• Eco-retrofitting on all office lighting;
• Office-wide plastic water bottle ban with all employees supplied reusable drinking receptacles and provided filtered water;
• Active membership in, and support of, local and global environmental organizations;
• Carbon neutral website.
Phase one of Miratel’s expansion commenced in April 2011 and the second phase begins June 1, 2011 with completion anticipated for August 2011. Through on-going targeted investment, Miratel will continue to provide the best in professional fundraising services that focus on leaving a positive impression on the planet and the global community.
With over 25 years of combined call centre experience, the founding partners of Miratel (miratelinc.com) set out to build a business that catered to nonprofit fundraising and raised the bar for service quality and accountability while remaining cost-effective. Disenchanted with the overall standards, they were determined to create a business that provided call centre solutions that would make sense for both the small, local nonprofits and the larger national charitable foundations. It was the mindset that both were deserving of the same level of attention and professionalism as any large, blue chip corporation that led to the creation of Miratel Solutions.
Miratel officially launched April 1, 2000 with a 50 seat inbound call centre in Toronto, Ontario. Over time, the company expanded their seat capacity as well as their service umbrella. Today the company has over 200 web enabled workstations at their main location plus a business continuity disaster/recovery site with 40+ workstations to safeguard against service interruptions and support critical services provided through their mail and contact centre services divisions.
Miratel have built a reputation for being an industry leading supplier of end-to-end professional fundraising services including telephone fundraising, online fundraising, lottery management, donation processing and receipting, fundraising telemarketing, courtesy calls, donor survey/market research, draw control and lottery ticket/prize cheque fulfillment.