On an annual basis, PPG purchases nearly $7 billion in materials and services from thousands of suppliers. The company’s criteria for Excellent Supplier Awards include product quality, delivery, documentation, innovation, responsiveness, continuous improvement and participation in PPG’s Supplier Added Value Effort ($AVE) program.
“We are pleased to recognize these suppliers, whose products, services, reliability, innovation and overall value in 2010 were outstanding,” said Steve Lampe, PPG vice president, corporate purchasing and distribution. “We consider them invaluable business partners who provide exceptional and significant competitive advantage to PPG.”
Companies earning the 2010 Excellent Supplier Award, and the products and services they provide, are:
• Bayer MaterialScience, based in Leverkusen, Germany, a global supplier of polyurethanes, resins and other raw materials to PPG’s aerospace, automotive OEM coatings, automotive refinish and industrial coatings businesses.
• CMP-Metalgraphica Paulista Ltda., a Sao Paulo, Brazil-based, producer of metal cans that serves PPG’s architectural, automotive OEM and automotive refinish coatings businesses in South America.
• Eastman Chemical Co., based in Kingsport, Tenn., which provides solvents, adhesion promoters and other chemicals to PPG’s aerospace, automotive OEM coatings, automotive refinish, chlor-alkali and derivatives, industrial coatings, and protective and marine coatings businesses in North America.
• The Folks Creative Printers, based in Marion, Ohio, a supplier of product labels and related services to PPG’s automotive refinish business in the United States.
• W.W. Grainger, Inc., of Lake Forest, Ill., which supplies industrial and safety items to PPG’s aerospace, automotive OEM coatings, chlor-alkali and derivatives, flat glass, and industrial coatings businesses in North America.
• McJunkin Red Man Corp., a Houston-based company that provides pipe, valves and fittings as well as vendor-managed inventory services to PPG’s automotive OEM coatings, chlor-alkali and derivatives, and industrial coatings businesses.
• Thor Specialties (UK) Ltd., of Kent, England, which provides biocides to PPG’s global architectural coatings and automotive OEM coatings businesses.
PPG Industries’ vision is to continue to be the world’s leading coatings and specialty products company. Founded in 1883, the company serves customers in industrial, transportation, consumer products, and construction markets and aftermarkets. With headquarters in Pittsburgh, PPG (ppg.com) operates in more than 60 countries around the globe. Sales in 2010 were $13.4 billion. PPG shares are traded on the New York Stock Exchange (symbol: PPG).