NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
London, United Kingdom, 2011/06/03 - Some 20 major global telecom operators, including Vodafone, MegaFon, Verizon and NTT DoCoMo, will give exclusive feedback on femtocell trials and deployments around the world at the annual Femtocells World Summit in London from 21-23 June.
“We expect a veritable femtocell invasion in London”, says Alejandro Piñero, the Femtocells World Summit director,“with more than 350 key members of this rapidly growing industry attending. This is the largest femtocell-focused event in the world in exclusive partnership with the Femto Forum, which guarantees credibility and industry buy-in from operators, vendors and manufacturers alike.”
Femtocells to play key role
According to Alejandro Piñero the femtocell industry has seen a steady growth in sales with over 20 commercial deployments having taken place over the last 3 years and “the London summit this month provides the opportunity to compare notes on pricing, marketing, technical developments and deployment strategies worldwide”. He continues: “given the significant increase of data usage and smartphone penetration in the market, femtocells will play a key role in future network architecture to ensure a value added service to the customer, as well as reliability of service.”
Global telecoms report back on deployments
Confirmed global telecom operators in the Femtocells World Summit programme who will report back on live trial and commercial deployment case studies include: Vodafone, Comcast, Telefonica O2, Verizon, UMobile, Megafon, NNT DoCoMo, Telecom Italia, Network Norway, TOT, SK telecom, MTS, Colt, Wind and Mosaic Telecom.
Major industry announcements
Says Alejandro Piñero: “The summit is always the launching pad for new developments in the femtocells industry and this year will be no exception! We expect at least three companies to make major announcements.”
Highlights from the Femtocells World Summit programme:
• An Operator’s Perspective on the First Femtocell Deployment in Greece
- Dr. Polychronis Tzerefos - New Products, Innovation and Wholesale Group Product Manager, Vodafone Greece
• Femtocell perspectives in Russia: Success factors and barriers
- Alexey Alekseev – Project Director, Convergence Products, MTS Russia
• Femtocells and the data monetisation challenge
- Jorge Alvarez - Network Strategy Manager, Telefonica o2 UK
• Strategies and Challenges in Deploying Femtos in Rural America
- Rick Vergin – CEO, Mosaic Telecom
• Leapfrog with FemtoCells
- Nick Papadoglou - Senior Manager, Wind Hellas
• The Applications of Femtocells with Satellite Backhaul and their Role in Disaster Relief
- Jesada Sivaraks – Engineer, TOT
• MegaFon’s experience in femtocell deployment in Russia, 2011 - year of challenge
- Pavel Skorodumov – Senior Engineer, MegaFon
• Network Norway's Experience in Launching an Enterprise Femtocell Service
- Geir Ove Jenssen – Femtocell Project Manager, Network Norway
• Femtocell Enabled Applications and Services – How to attract the Developer Community to Femtocells
- Camillo Carlini – Home Network and Handset Engineering, Telecom Italia
• Femtocell market update & Latest progress of Femtocells standardisation and future requirements
- Simon Saunders – Chairman, Femto Forum
The prestigious annual FemtoForum Industry Awards, which celebrates excellence and innovation across the industry will be announced during the Femtocells World Summit gala dinner.
Femtocell is a small cellular gateway, typically designed for use in a home or small business. It connects to the service provider’s network via broadband (such as DSL or cable); current designs typically support 2 to 4 active mobile phones in a residential setting, and 8 to 16 active mobile phones in enterprise settings.
Event dates and location: 21-23 June 2011, The Sheraton Park Lane Hotel, London, UK