Returning for the fourth time since 2007, The APAC Mobile Learning Conference 2011, Asia Pacific’s premier mobile learning and edutainment event takes place June 8-9, 2011 at Hyatt Regency, Bandung, Indonesia. This annual event, held for the first time in Indonesia, is organised by The Asia Pacific Mobile Learning Advisory Panel in collaboration with CommTechAsia Sdn Bhd. The conference will feature experts in mobile learning from across the world.
Since 2007, the APAC Mobile Learning Conference has established itself as the premier Mobile Learning and Edutainment event in the region. It is a 2-day information-packed conference that provides valuable insights into the latest advances in the mobile learning arena including latest technologies, best practices and commercialization. Speakers will share directions and trends as well as experiences in other parts of the world.
The Asia Pacific Mobile Learning & Edutainment Conference has become an important platform in the Asia Pacific region in our efforts to develop and promote mobile learning infrastructure, applications, devices and content. "It’s the perfect timing for Mobile Learning," said Wemel Cumavoo, Director of CommTechAsia. “The increased popularity of smartphones and the rise of mobile internet are bringing about a new focus on education and the use of mobile technology to enhance learning experiences”, he added.
Exciting speakers representing private enterprise, government agencies and academia will discuss the growing impact of mobile on academic learning, human resource training, consumer education and lifelong learning. There are speakers from UK, Indonesia, Malaysia, UK, Japan, Australia, New Zealand and Hong Kong delivering presentations and sharing their thoughts on our conference theme this year Next Generation Learning.
Among the exciting speakers at the conference are:
• PROFESSOR TAN SRI DATUK DR. ANUWAR ALI, President/Vice Chancellor, Open University Malaysia;
• PROF JOHN TRAXLER, Professor of Mobile Learning, School of Computing and IT, University of Wolverhampton, Director, Learning Lab, Associate Editor, International Journal of Mobile and Blended Learning, Associate Editor, Interactive Learning Environments, Founding Director, International Association for Mobile Learning;
• DR. SERKAN TOTO, Tokyo-based independent consultant for the Japanese web and mobile industries, Japan correspondent for TechCrunch.com;
• WEMEL CUMAVOO, Founder APAC Mobile Learning & Edutainment Advisory Panel;
• KASHMINDER SINGH, Managing Editor of Mobile World Magazine;
• JOHN EYLES, Education Technology Consultant at Urban Planet Mobile, USA;
• DANIEL CHUN, Head of E-Learning at Art Group Limited, Asia Editor for Newsletter (Volunteer) at IAMLEARN.
The conference has as its strategic partners Open University Malaysia, Multimedia Development Corporation, Malaysia, Brilyan Learning Indonesia and LTT Global Communications and Mobile World Magazine as official media partner.
About CommTechAsia Sdn Bhd
CommtechAsia focuses on the communications and information technology sectors. The GoMobile Show and of the Asia Pacific Mobile Learning Conference are our annual flagship events with plans to take the event to other countries soon. Other communications and information technology events are in the pipeline. Please visit apacmlearning.com and GoMobile.my to know more about our events.
About The Asia Pacific Mobile Learning & Edutainment Advisory Panel
LTT Global Communications (lttcom.com), a mobile learning company that has been pioneering mobile learning led the initiative to in 2007 to set up The Asia Pacific Mobile Learning & Edutainment Advisory Panel. The aim is to lead and support all countries in the Asia Pacific region in the efforts to develop and promote mobile learning infrastructure, applications, devices and content. This panel launched during the 1st Asia Pacific Regional Mobile Learning & Edutainment Conference 2007 aims to attract representatives from the Public Sector, Academia, IT and Telecom Companies, to establish a forum and networking platform for discussion and dissemination on all aspects of Mobile Learning, including research, policy, implementation issues and impact on the government organizations and the society as a whole.