NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
Mountain View, CA, United States, 2011/05/18 - To be unveiled publicly at Citrix Synergy 2011 next week, vDesk v4.0 delivers low-cost personalization of virtualized desktops for increased user productivity - RingCube.com.
RingCube Technologies, the leading provider of personalization solutions for virtual desktops, today announced the general availability of vDesk v 4.0 – a new enterprise desktop virtualization solution that expands an organization’s VDI user base, enables faster and more efficient VDI rollouts, reduces VDI infrastructure costs, and increases VDI’s return on investment.
RingCube will publicly unveil vDesk v4.0 at the Citrix Synergy 2011 event in San Francisco next week, with demonstrations of the newly available product in Booth Number 616. RingCube will also have demonstrations in the Citrix Partner Pavilion in Booth Number 802.
One of VDI’s most persistent challenges is the inability to scale across an organization to its various types of employees. Most organizations choose to implement pooled VDI deployments in order to keep storage and infrastructure costs low, thereby forgoing the ability to personalize users’ desktops and negatively affecting user acceptance and adoption.
Now with RingCube, no longer is VDI restricted only to certain workers – employees who require highly personalized desktops can now be included in VDI implementations. RingCube’s vDesk is a complementary offering to VMware View and Citrix XenDesktop that offers highly personalized user desktops without adding any additional management overhead. It also supports virtualizing the entire desktop, including department-level and user-installed applications.
“Personalization is required to achieve the operational and economic benefits touted by today’s leading desktop virtualization vendors,” said Chris Wolf, Research VP, Gartner. “While it’s possible to deploy virtual desktops without a personalization layer, additional complexity and infrastructure costs should be expected, not to mention dissatisfaction among users.”
By broadening the VDI rollout to a larger percentage of employees, organizations lower the overall cost of their VDI projects and improve user productivity, which results in a higher return on investment. With vDesk v4.0, organizations can now realize the promised productivity and cost-saving benefits from their VMware View and Citrix XenDesktop investments.
“Meeting the evolving needs of organizations worldwide, RingCube is pleased to make available the latest innovation in desktop virtualization with its vDesk v4.0,” said Kiran Kamity, RingCube Vice President of Product Management. “Until today, the inability to roll out personalized virtual desktops while controlling costs and management complexities inhibited enterprises from realizing benefits from their VDI investments. Now, vDesk v4.0 helps enterprises capture productivity and IT cost-savings by expanding organizations’ VDI rollouts to a much wider population of employees.”
Benefits of RingCube’s new vDesk v4.0 include:
1 - Maximizing an organization’s VDI user base
• Expands VDI rollouts beyond task workers to employees that require customized desktops, including knowledge and mobile workers.
• Virtualizes a user’s complete desktop environment, including applications, data, profile and settings; and also supports department and user-installed applications.
2 - Rolling out VDI faster and more efficiently
• Minimal setup requirements; easy to implement and utilize.
• Leverages IT staffs’ existing Windows management expertise with no steep learning curve.
3 - Simplifying IT management of VDI
• Easy to setup and configure; can be up and running in minutes.
• Minimal training requirements for IT staff.
• No management console to learn or support.
4 - Reducing VDI infrastructure costs
• Utilizes pooled VDI model for lower storage costs while still offering 100 percent persistent personalization.
• Unlike other virtualization technologies, works seamlessly with VMware View and Citrix XenDesktop by supporting their image management capabilities and preserving their ability to reduce storage costs.
• Integrates with application management and provisioning tools so an organization’s existing management structure is maintained.
5 - Lowering VDI’s cost per user and increasing ROI
• Dramatically decreases a VDI project’s cost per user, because a larger percentage of employees can utilize VDI. vDesk v4.0 also increases a VDI project’s return on investment.
Pricing and Availability
vDesk for VMware View and Citrix XenDesktop is generally available today. Pricing starts at $95 per user.
About RingCube Technologies, Inc.
RingCube (ringcube.com) is the leading provider of personalization solutions for virtual desktops. The company’s innovative product, vDesk, is a high-performance enterprise workspace virtualization solution that increases VDI projects’ return on investment by expanding the rollout of VDI across organizations. With vDesk, VDI is no longer restricted only to structured task workers. Organizations can now deliver VDI to all employees who require highly personalized desktops, reducing VDI’s cost per user and increasing economies of scale. The company is privately held and based in Mountain View, Calif.