NetSuite, Inc., the industry's leading provider of cloud-based financials / ERP software suites, today announced the winners of the second annual NetSuite Hairball Awards, given to businesses that have used cloud computing technology to disentangle their organizations from a complex, disparate hairball of conventional, on-premise business software, generating major cost savings and productivity gains through the effort. The awards were presented on May 11 at the SuiteWorld 2011 user, partner and developer conference in San Francisco. For the complete list of the winners, please visit netsuite.com/winners.
The "Hairballs" are a customer award program recognizing businesses that have achieved major cost savings and productivity gains with the aid of cloud computing. Global leaders in diverse fields, ranging from telecommunications and Ecommerce to the grocery and restaurant trades are distancing themselves from competitors by clearing their information infrastructure hairballs. By moving to the cloud, these companies have been able to disentangle their organizations from a complex, disparate cluster of conventional, on-premise business software.
Thirty-one companies were nominated in 11 categories. The winners distinguished themselves by capitalizing heavily on the potential of the NetSuite solution to replace numerous applications and streamline core aspects of enterprise operations. The winners by category are as follows:
Most Applications Replaced—ClearChoice
• Replaced 92 instances of Microsoft Dynamics GP with NetSuite OneWorld;
• Managing 124 subsidiaries with NetSuite OneWorld;
• Obtained a central view of 26 dental centers, with current plans to grow to 50 within 2-3 years.
Most Improved Productivity—Wireless Matrix
• Eliminated Salesforce.com, Made2Manage ERP, and Remedy;
• Reduced financial close cycle from 15 days to six;
• Saved 5+ FTEs in finance and operations due to automated order management.
Greatest Cost Reduction—Xtellus
• Eliminated QuickBooks and several spreadsheets;
• Reduced excess inventory by over $1 million.
Best Global Deployment—Groupon
• Avoided further expansion of Microsoft Dynamics GP hairball by embracing NetSuite OneWorld in new territories;
• Plans to launch NetSuite OneWorld in 26 countries in less than three months;
• Extensive international language support, multi-currency transparency and local tax compliance ensures global success.
Best Two-Tier ERP Deployment—Knowledge Universe
• Reduced ongoing systems costs by 70 percent while gaining advanced multi-currency consolidation and increased flexibility with NetSuite OneWorld;
• Fast four-month initial rollout of NetSuite OneWorld across six subsidiaries in APAC;
• 70 percent lower cost of implementation compared to extending corporate Oracle solution.
Best B2B Ecommerce Solution—ESET
• Hairball of QuickBooks and in-house Web store limited ESET's ability to act as a global Ecommerce enterprise;
• ESET has increased Ecommerce revenues tenfold since adopting NetSuite, now processing 30,000 orders per month;
• SuiteFlow has reduced fraudulent chargebacks eightfold.
Best B2C Ecommerce Solution—Magellan
• Hairball of homegrown Ecommerce system and Oracle replaced by NetSuite;
• NetSuite increased collaboration and productivity of the Ecommerce team;
• Development of new Web content is two to three times faster with NetSuite Ecommerce.
Best Manufacturing Company Solution—CertiCell
• NetSuite OneWorld, Rootstock integrated MRP and Adaptive Planning replaced hairball of legacy software and complex manual processes;
• NetSuite and SuiteCloud solutions address manufacturing, planning, sales, global accounting, multi-tiered costing, purchasing, and inventory needs;
• 600+ employees in USA, Philippines, and Hong Kong benefit from NetSuite technologies.
Best Services Company Solution—NWN
• Replaced complex hairball of Microsoft Dynamics GP, Sage CRM, and Microsoft Dynamics SL with NetSuite;
• Unified over 250 users from multiple small acquisitions on the single, easy-to-use NetSuite solution.
Best Software Company Solution—RightNow
• Replaced hairball of Microsoft Dynamics GP and Softrax with NetSuite OneWorld;
• NetSuite OneWorld's consolidated data provides better visibility across the entire enterprise, with 15 locations in seven countries worldwide;
• RightNow improved revenue recognition, streamlined customer quotes and gained transparent control over multiple currencies with NetSuite OneWorld.
Best Wholesaler/Distributor Solution—Advantage Sign Supply
• Hairball of Counterpoint, OnContact, and Microsoft Dynamics GP replaced by the NetSuite solution;
• Single NetSuite solution now runs the key aspects of their business across nine locations;
• Experienced 40 percent sales growth year-over-year while reducing inventory levels eight percent year-over-year after deploying NetSuite.
Follow NetSuite's Cloud blog, NetSuite's Facebook page and @NetSuite Twitter handle for real-time updates.
For more information about NetSuite, please visit netsuite.com/.
NetSuite and the NetSuite logo and where business is going are service marks of NetSuite Inc.