Cision, the leading provider of PR software, services and tools for the marketing and public relations industry, today announced improvements to CisionPoint, its award-winning PR software platform, that include usability, speed, functionality and integration enhancements.
The CisionPoint Spring Release provides PR and marketing professionals with an easier and more intuitive way to manage campaigns, distribute news, engage with influencers and evaluate campaign results. The new enhancements include:
• Improved navigation and searching – Building upon the ease of use associated with some of the most powerful social networks, the CisionPoint Spring Release incorporates industry standards for navigation, improved filtering and streamlined menus. It makes searching the Cision Media Database and global news archive easier and simpler.
• New personalization options – Users can easily tailor CisionPoint to gain more relevant insight into new media contacts and editorial opportunities. Based on individual preferences, users will be alerted to any relevant changes to their media lists to uncover new influencers. Users can also subscribe to receive alerts any time new editorial calendars have been added to the media database that are relevant to their topic of interest.
• Additional news sources and social searches – CisionPoint's open platform lets users input RSS feeds to deliver more news content, including custom twitter searches, social media sites, or any data source that is RSS enabled.
• Improved news distribution – CisionPoint's redesigned news distribution wizard makes it easier than ever to optimize news releases for search engines; publish news to social media, news websites and wire channels; and send targeted messages to journalists, bloggers, freelancers and other key influencers.
• Enhanced campaign integration – CisionPoint already provides valuable integration so users can build media lists, connect with influencers, monitor results across all media, and gain insight into campaign performance. The Spring Release integrates more social media features, enabling users to seamlessly manage their campaigns in a few simple steps.
"Since its launch in 2007, the CisionPoint platform has been recognized in the industry as the winner of the Best Online News Service and the Product Development of the Year awards, and was most recently named a finalist for Best Marketing /PR Solution. The CisionPoint Spring Release represents the third-generation of our global PR and marketing software platform, and the latest enhancements are based on feedback received directly from our global user community," said Peter Granat, President and Chief Operating Officer of Cision North America.
"This release simplifies how users manage campaigns, identify key influencers, engage meaningfully in social media, and publish content across a broader spectrum of channels. It is the only award-winning platform on the market to fully integrate campaign management activity across both mainstream and social media which is essential for helping our clients tell their stories to the market."
Launched in October 2007, CisionPoint is the standard on-demand platform for its customers worldwide, including Fortune 500 corporations, FTSE 250 companies, global public relations firms, non-profit organizations, universities, and small businesses. Winner of a CODiE Award from the Software and Information Industry Association (SIIA) for Best Online News Service, CisionPoint has been a finalist in digital content and software categories every year since becoming eligible for the competition two years ago, including the most recent nomination for the 2011 Award for Best Marketing/PR Solution. CisionPoint is also the recipient of the Product Development of the Year award for 2010 given by the Data Publishers Association (DPA)
Cision (cision.com) is the leading provider of software, services, and tools to the public relations and marketing communications industry. PR and marketing professionals use our products to help manage all aspects of a campaign – from identifying key media and influencers to connecting with audiences, monitoring traditional and social media, and analyzing outcomes. Journalists, bloggers, and other influencers use Cision’s tools to research story ideas, track trends, and maintain their public profiles. Cision AB has offices in Europe, North America and Asia, partners in over 125 countries, and is quoted on the Nordic Exchange with revenue of SEK 1.1 billion in 2010.