At today’s Manufacturing Leadership Summit, Apriso instantiated its strategy for global manufacturing with the introduction of FlexNet Manufacturing Process Intelligence (MPI), a real-time solution for manufacturing intelligence and analytics. MPI delivers enterprise wide manufacturing visibility to improve synchronization and control across product supply networks. Global manufacturers benefit from improved flexibility, profitability and customer satisfaction.
“Without a broad business perspective, a company cannot address the strategic issues at the core of business performance and organizational competitiveness. Vital management questions may go unanswered if information is fragmented. Analytics can illuminate … questions only if decision makers can see across regions, business units or processes and consider information from the entire enterprise,” stated Thomas H. Davenport, an author of “Analytics at Work: Smarter Decisions, Better Results” and keynote speaker at this year’s Manufacturing Leadership Summit.
“Apriso’s strategy of enabling adaptive global manufacturing focuses on delivering solutions for companies to build collaborative, synchronized manufacturing operations within and across plants. MPI extends the FlexNet platform by offering a global, real-time intelligence solution across all operations,” explained Tom Comstock, executive vice president of worldwide marketing, product management and strategy at Apriso. “Our customers can more easily correlate information drawn from their entire manufacturing enterprise, gaining real-time visibility and control into manufacturing processes, plants, regions and business units.”
MPI’s operational data store provides instant, standardized access to comprehensive analytics on aggregated production, quality, warehouse, maintenance and labor process data. Features include:
• Real-time data representations – in the form of dashboards, charts and pivot tables, which are updated as new information becomes available while also supporting multidimensional analytics on long-term data;
• Global access to all manufacturing sites – to compare and analyze from any location while enforcing metrics standardization;
• Unified data repository – to quickly collect and correlate data across all manufacturing operations, resulting in accelerated decision making and greater agility when launching new products or markets;
• Predefined and flexible process analytics – preconfigured manufacturing intelligence complemented by ad-hoc analysis capabilities;
• Actionable intelligence – drill-down capabilities and FlexNet extensions enable instantaneous action to make the necessary changes to optimize operations;
• Included add-ins for Microsoft Excel – to enable rapid data access, analysis sharing and reuse;
• Open architecture – built on the Microsoft framework, MPI can be easily integrated with existing Business Intelligence applications;
• Data integration wizard – for rapid mapping of standard and extended data elements.
“Most manufacturing intelligence implementations are challenged by access to and the changing nature of the data” said John Fishell, vice president product management. “As an extension of the FlexNet platform, MPI addresses this issue by building on the breath of operational data already collected and managed by the FlexNet manufacturing execution system. This architecture ensures data integrity and accuracy for process changes implemented within FlexNet, helping our customers extend the value of a platform-based approach to manufacturing operations management. ”
MPI offers visibility and analytics technology to support Lean, Six Sigma and other continuous improvement initiatives. With FlexNet’s real-time visibility across all operations, manufacturers can move from a loose federation of plants into an agile, tightly synchronized, collaborative product supply network.
Apriso Corporation (apriso.com) is a software company dedicated to helping its customers transform their global manufacturing operations. It does so by enabling manufacturers to achieve and sustain manufacturing excellence while adapting quickly and easily to market changes. Apriso's FlexNet is a BPM platform-based software solution for global manufacturing operations management. Apriso supports global continuous improvement by delivering visibility into, control over and synchronization across manufacturing and the product supply network. Apriso serves nearly 200 customers in 40+ countries across the Americas, Europe and Asia. Customers include GM, Volvo CE, Honeywell, L'Oréal, Trixell, Lockheed Martin, Bombardier, Textron Systems, MBDA, Saint-Gobain and Essilor.
Apriso and FlexNet are registered trademarks of Apriso Corporation. All other trademarks and registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners.