NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
Hanover, MA, United States, 2011/04/27 - Chances are when a customer orders a compressor, pump or other piece of industrial machinery, they need it yesterday—usually for a repair critical to their operation - GForceShip.com.
Those deliveries can be anything from a small part, to a 600-pound pump, to a 7,000-pound air compressor. To best accommodate deliveries of that broad of a nature, G-Force Shipping, a third-party logistics provider, has created an Industrial Machinery division.
Part of G-Force’s reasoning for introducing this Machinery division stems from how manufacturers ship these products. Typically, the manufacturer will have its own fleet of trucks for shipping—and the expense that goes along with that—or it will employ a third-party company to drop-ship items. With G-Force’s new division, manufacturers have the convenience of the drop-ship alternative with improved tracking capabilities and follow-up from a seasoned staff of shipping experts.
“When it comes to delivery of industrial machinery, time is literally money because these items are used to repair something needed for the operation of a company. So, the follow through on getting that shipment delivered on time and without incident is critical,” said Gordie Macfarlane, president of G-Force Shipping. “With this special division and the easy to access web-based tools we offer, manufacturers and dealers can track multiple shipments from start to finish without the heartburn of sorting through multiple carriers’ websites and shipping documents.”
G-Force’s Jason McDonough will lead the Industrial Machinery Division. The benefits this new division provides manufacturers and distributors include:
- Consultation on National Motor Freight Classifications (NMFC’s) – G-Force Shipping offers customer service assistance and resources to properly classify industrial machinery shipments, ranging from Class 50 items to Class 500. G-Force will also dispute any charges on customers’ behalf if the shipment is re-classified.
- Proper placement of shipment – Via Website or customer service representative, G-Force works with carriers to make sure that industrial machinery is not stacked in the truck to prevent claims.
- Insurance – Some industrial machinery shipments will require a higher insurance value than others. G-Force can provide information and recommendations to ensure the shipment has the appropriate liability coverage.
- Carrier Specific Services and Fees – G-Force’s knowledge of the pricing and capabilities of more than 80 carriers is a resource that is available to Industrial Machinery customers.
- Cost savings – G-Force customers spend more than $100 million with its carrier partners, which can be leveraged to provide optimal savings - typically, saving its customers up to 15 percent.
“Industrial machinery companies face a great number of challenges and there’s a real pressure for deliveries to be on-time and mistake-free,” said Macfarlane. “With this new division, manufacturers and their distributors have a 24/7 resource to ensure the safe, timely and cost-effective shipment of their machinery.”
In addition to its services tailored toward wholesale industrial machinery companies, G-Force Shipping provides all its customers an easy-to-use, web-based shipping utility, GForceship.com, which delivers instant quotes and multiple carrier choices in seconds. There’s no long-term commitment. Access to a free on-line account or a toll free number is all G-Force customers need. The only fees associated with an account are those directly connected to the shipping costs.
More carriers, more choices, more savings.
G Force Shipping and Consulting, Inc. is a non asset based third-party logistics provider based in Hanover, Massachusetts. Through its Website, G-Force provides its customers with direct access to quotes from more than 80 carriers on LTL, FTL and small parcel shipments. In addition to helping customers find the right shipping company at the right price, G-Force offers white glove service that includes 24/7 customer service, freight consulting services, online warehouse management capabilities and much, much more.
For more information, visit gforceship.com or call 877-7-GFORCE (877-743-6723).