Matrox Graphics Inc. today announced that MAGMA has validated the Matrox Xenia Series triple-display controller boards with the Magma ExpressBox1 Pro external expansion system operating under Microsoft® Windows® 7, Windows Vista®, and Windows XP. This unique hardware combination empowers radiologists, on-call service professionals, and healthcare industry representatives with an advanced multi-display solution to conveniently connect their notebooks to a broad range of medical and non-medical displays and/or projectors—at display resolutions up to 4MP+8MP+8MP—while benefiting from the system's portable 7.71" x 1.73" x 13.72" design.
"I am delighted to be able to address such high-end applications with our Expansion chassis products," says Randy Jones, Chief Executive Officer, MAGMA. "This synergy in providing leading-edge solutions has been a prime driver of our business."
Mobile healthcare personnel and services that can benefit from using a portable solution include:
- PACS and mammography sales and support staff who need to connect to a multitude of displays and projectors at field demonstrations and/or training sites
- Radiologists working between offices can connect their laptops to displays at various locations
- Calibration and DICOM Certification service personnel visiting hospitals with a transportable solution to validate system, procedural, and/or workflow environments
- IT departments who can deploy and administer service solutions to support staff responsible for employee training, debugging, or maintenance purposes
- Healthcare industry organizations looking to reduce hardware and installation expenses with a convenient, easy-to-use platform at tradeshows, media events, and staff meetings
Matrox Xenia Series provides triple digital display support from a single slot PCI Express board including forward- and backward-compatibility with a broad range of monitors and projectors for the utmost flexibility. Pristine image quality at resolutions ranging up to 8MP, new technology to enable optimum display calibration (via Matrox DLC™ and 8/10/13-bit gamma LUTs), and Matrox Power Desk Zoom functionality enabling replication of any portion of a dual-display desktop onto a single projector are also key benefits. 1GB of on-board memory for smooth, reliable performance boosts overall productivity, facilitating efficient diagnosis and reporting by medical imaging professionals on any known and approved display.
Since its founding in 1987, Magma's flagship product has been the patented PCI & PCI Express Expansion System which provides the capability to add additional expansion slots to desktop computers, servers, PC notebooks, and Apple laptops. Magma is dedicated to supporting a variety of industries that demand highly innovative, reliable, and proven expansion solutions.
About Matrox Graphics Inc.
Matrox Graphics is a leading manufacturer of graphics solutions for professional markets. In-house design expertise, top-to-bottom manufacturing, and dedicated customer support make our solutions the premier choice in industries that require stable, high-reliability products. Founded in 1976, Matrox is a privately held company headquartered in Montreal, Canada, with representation and offices in the Americas, Europe, and Asia.
For more information, visit the matrox.com/xeniaseries or contact Matrox Graphics at graphics[.]matrox.com.