NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
Washington, DC, United States, 2011/04/26 - Today marks the launch of MensHealthNetwork website, a new, improved website in preparation for the upcoming Men’s Health Month in June - MensHealthNetwork.org.
The site hosts the page for National Men’s Health Week, which takes place the week leading up to Father’s Day, and provides resources for the development of awareness programs that reach men and boys, such as:
• Free poster downloads, flyers, brochures, logos, and public service announcements.
• Things To Do,” including instructions on how to develop a Wear Blue for Men program where you work, worship, or play; and a link to the free MHN HealthZone event planner.
• The “Partners” page, which lists dozens of examples of creative awareness activities that others have used to reach men and boys.
• Information about Women Against Prostate Cancer and MHN’s Women Take Action program, which empower women to take control of their family’s health and wellbeing.
• An “International Men’s Health Week” page, available in eleven languages, that provides links to organizations in other countries that organize Men’s Health Week activities.
• A “Store” section, where diverse and culturally sensitive health awareness items are featured, including those designed to reach teenagers (focusing on lifestyle), college students (on stress and tension), and veterans.
The site is maintained by Men’s Health Network (MHN), an organization recognized as the leading authority on the health of men and boys.
MHN Vice-President Scott Williams had this to say: “This will be a one-stop shop for community leaders, advocates, and policymakers who are interested in leveraging Men’s Health Month to improve the health and well-being of men and their families.”
About Men’s Health Month
Men’s Health Month is observed every June; and National Men’s Health Week is a special awareness period recognized by Congress since 1994 and celebrated around the globe since 2002, dedicated to saving and enriching lives through health awareness.
About Men’s Health Network
Founded in 1992, Men's Health Network (MHN) is a non-profit educational organization of physicians, researchers, public health workers, other health professionals, and other health-conscious people. MHN is committed to improving the health and wellness of men, boys, and their families through education campaigns, data collection, surveys, toll-free hotlines, and work with health care providers.