Veeam Software, innovative provider of VMware data protection, disaster recovery and VMware management solutions for virtual datacentre environments, experienced exceptional growth in every area of its business during the first quarter of 2011 and exceeded quota metrics worldwide. Total bookings revenue grew 136 percent in Q1 of 2011 over the same period in 2010, and new license bookings revenue increased 124 percent over that same period. In addition, Veeam continued its momentum into Q1 by winning five of the biggest awards in the virtualisation industry.
“This widespread recognition is a testament to our commitment to provide unmatched innovation in our virtual infrastructure management and data protection products,” said Ratmir Timashev, President and CEO of Veeam. “We look forward to another year of meeting and exceeding our customers’ and partners’ expectations in a rapidly growing virtualisation and cloud computing market.”
Highlights of Veeam’s progress include:
• Winning 5 of the biggest awards in the virtualisation industry:
- Two “2011 Reader’s Choice” awards from Virtualization Review: Veeam Backup & Replication v5 was selected as the winner in the Virtual Business Continuity category, and Veeam ONE™ received the Merit Award in the Virtual Management & Optimization category;
- Two Gold “2010 Product of the Year” awards from SearchServerVirtualization.com: Veeam Backup & Replication v5 won the Gold award in the Backup and Storage for Virtualization category for the second year in a row, and Veeam ONE won Gold in the Virtualization Management category;
- “2010 Product of the Year” award from Storage magazine-SearchStorage.com: Veeam Backup & Replication v5 won the Gold award in the Backup and Disaster Recovery Software and Services category;
- “2010 Partner of the Year” by Lifeboat Distribution, an international specialty software distributor.
• Strategic partnership: Microsoft Technology Center (MTC) Alliance Software Partner: The Veeam nworks Management Pack™ and PRO Pack will be installed in all Microsoft Technology Centers worldwide.
• Product enhancements: Veeam released significant enhancements to Veeam ONE, its comprehensive solution for optimising the performance, configuration and utilisation of virtual infrastructures.
• Extended capabilities for presenting a business perspective of virtual environments, including integration with configuration management databases (CMDBs), categorisation of additional virtual objects (clusters, hosts and datastores) and automated creation and maintenance of groups.
• New reports that provide intuitive, at-a-glance views of virtual infrastructures to help administrators fight VM sprawl, manage hypervisor upgrades and understand cluster HA/DRS status and resource utilisation.
• ProPartners: Veeam announced its inaugural 2010 ProPartner of the Year awards for global and regional channel partners, with Dell winning Global Reseller ProPartner of the Year and Magirus winning Global Distributor ProPartner of the Year.
• New Veeam University: Veeam supports its 4,000 ProPartners worldwide with multiple programmes and promotions, and during Q1 it added a new accreditation programme for partners via Veeam University, a free online training program.
• Customers: Veeam’s total number of customers now exceeds 25,000, including more than 19,000 customers of Veeam Backup & Replication. Also, Veeam launched the Veeam Community Podcast in February, giving its customers and the virtualisation community at large a new resource for connecting with industry experts, bloggers and peers.
About Veeam Software
Veeam Software (veeam.com), an Elite VMware Technology Alliance Partner, develops innovative software to manage VMware vSphere®. Veeam vPower™ provides advanced Virtualization-Powered Data Protection™ and is the underlying technology in Veeam Backup & Replication™, the #1 virtualisation backup solution. Veeam ONE™ provides a single solution to optimise the performance, configuration and utilisation of VMware environments and includes: Veeam Reporter™ - VMware capacity planning, change management, and reporting and chargeback; Veeam Business View™ - VMware business service management and categorization; and a choice of VMware monitoring options including the nworks Management Pack™ - VMware management in Microsoft System Center, the nworks Smart Plug-in™ - VMware management in HP Operations Manager, and Veeam Monitor™ - framework-independent VMware monitoring.