Paltalk, the leading real-time, video-based community with over 70 million downloads, announced today the addition of free calling worldwide, free SMS functionality and free push notifications for calls to its Vumber Mobile application. Vumber, which allows iOS device users to place calls through Wi-Fi or an existing cellular data connection and add multiple lines to their cell phone, will now also allow for free unlimited calling and texting worldwide enabling crossover from different carriers (ie. AT&T to Verizon), Vumber-to-Vumber calling and so on.
Vumber App users can now place free worldwide calls and texts from their iPhone, iPod touch and iPad, to anywhere in the world. Customers are still required to maintain a carrier plan, but they can limit the amount of minutes and texts on their plan to save money. The app is available for free from the iTunes store and will be available for Android phones and tablets beginning Spring 2011.
"We are thrilled to be able to offer users the revolutionary ability to call or text iPhone to iPhone anywhere in the world for free. Users are becoming increasingly more dependent on text and IM chat to stay in touch versus the traditional phone call. At Paltalk, we want to continuously develop innovative ways for consumers to share information quickly and efficiently while simultaneously keeping the cost as low as possible," said Jason Katz, CEO, Paltalk. "We were able to allow users the freedom to make phone calls anywhere and anytime in the world with the launch of the Vumber app earlier this year and the addition of the free text function only furthers their ability to stay in touch with business associates, friends, and family."
Major features of the Vumber Mobile app include:
• Turn your iPod or iPad into a phone - Use your iPod / iPad / iPhone as a phone from any Wi-Fi connection, from any location in the world.
• Free unlimited calling worldwide, across any carrier - Users can call iPhone to iPhone, Vumber to Vumber, AT&T to Verizon etc. anywhere in the world for free.
• SMS Functionality - Text one person or groups of people at a time for free from any of the virtual numbers stored.
• Multiple Lines - With Vumber you can add as many numbers as you would like to your account. Once you've done this -- it's as simple as pressing the phone icon to choose which number people see when you call them.
• Push Notification Feature - This feature now allows for the notification of a call to be pushed through to users who have their Vumber app closed.
• Wi-Fi & 3G calling - Stop worrying about bad reception and don't waste your cell plan minutes. Instead, dial with your Vumber in hotspots.
• Easy access to voicE: - Simply dial 1 from the app for instant access to your voice messages.
• Visual Speed Dial - View speed dial contacts in an easy-to-use grid. Add a picture to each one for a quick and intuitive interface.
• Social Networks - Easily update social network channels like Twitter through the app via SMS.
Vumber (vumber.com) is a virtual, disposable phone number service that lets subscribers choose an additional phone number that can be linked to any existing phone. This allows customers to make calls and texts while maintaining the privacy of their phone numbers. Vumber is often used by small businesses that need to have separate lines for business and personal calls, but rather than having two cell phones can now have multiple numbers on a single device. Paltalk acquired the company in November 2009.
For more information about the Vumber Mobile Application, please visit Vumber.com/.
Paltalk (paltalk.com) is the premier provider of software and technology for real-time, rich media, interactive social networking. The Paltalk platform powers the largest collection of video-based communities and has continued to grow since it was launched in 1998. Paltalk now boasts millions of active members with nearly 100,000 people simultaneously chatting in rooms engaged in lively dialogues, meeting new friends, singing karaoke and attending family reunions.
Paltalk has a long history of technical innovation. Paltalk owns 13 patents that cover core technology related to multiplayer online video games and video conferencing. Paltalk supports IM pals on Facebook, Google Talk, MSN, AOL, Yahoo, and ICQ and is available as a free download.