Openet, the leading provider of Subscriber Optimization Software (SOS) to tier one communications and media service providers, today announces the latest version of its industry-leading policy management software, Openet Policy Manager 4.0. Recently acknowledged as the world’s best-selling network policy solutions by Infonetics’ annual policy survey, Openet’s Policy Manager evolves telecom business models, provides network transparency and enables dynamic control of network resources. Alongside Openet’s Online Charging portfolio and Profile Manager software, Openet Policy Manager 4.0 provides a comprehensive, best-in-class PCRF solution with heightened configuration and monetization capabilities.
Policy Manager 4.0 features four critical upgrades:
- Enhanced decision core, a flexible logic engine that enables operators to rapidly deploy and easily adjust policy rules
• Advanced configuration interface provides a rich policy rules environment that allows users to apply more robust logic to policy control options;
• Enable definition of complex multi-variable policy decisions with input from external systems such as charging, contextual analysis and profile information;
• Greater support for subscriber and service monetization and control through enhanced dynamic assignment of usage and QoS attributes.
- Improved, pre-populated configuration options for easier administration
• Pre-populated default configuration for supported rules enforcement functions;
• Support for operator agility and interoperability goals;
• Flexibility to swap out enforcement points, reducing vendor lock-in.
- Robust, expanded support for next-generation networks and services, including LTE and IMS, through extended support for application layer interaction (via the Rx interface)
• Supports application-aware business models;
• Incorporates IMS voice (VoIP), video and online gaming services support (for example, Skype and Netflix);
• Manages authorization for application requested QoS.
Policy Manager 4.0 leads the industry in flexibility related to configuration and deployment, provides best-of-breed agility and interoperability and enables new business models through configurable policy and charging rules and tight integration with charging and rating solutions. These enhancements are designed to enable operators to continue evolving revenue models while keeping up with subscriber demands.
“First-generation policy management is long gone,” said Michael Manzo, CMO of Openet. “Today’s policy management solutions need to be flexible and easy to configure while providing a clear path to app monetization. Openet Policy Manager 4.0 provides all of these things while working hand in glove with Openet’s real-time profile and convergent charging capabilities, providing the trifecta of functionality required to truly harness the power of SOS.”
Openet, with recent multiple global policy wins, is dominating the policy market only three years after introducing Openet Policy Manager. With version 4.0, the product brings an even higher level of functionality and value to cable and wireless operators worldwide.
Openet (openet.com) is the most innovative provider of Subscriber Optimization Software (SOS) to tier one communications and media service providers, and a world leader in proven policy management solutions. To succeed, today’s operators must know their subscribers, deploy innovative business models and control the allocation of network resources. Openet's offerings are engineered to attract subscribers and provide an optimal experience, minimize the cost to serve them and maximize revenue—making the most of every subscriber. Ranked #1 by Infonetics, Openet’s Policy Manager and associated software has been deployed by operators in the United States, Europe, Asia, Africa, the Middle East and Latin America.