ZOLL Medical Corporation, a manufacturer of medical devices and related software solutions, today announced that it will display the LifeVest®Wearable Defibrillator, the AutoPulse®Non-invasive Cardiac Support Pump, R Series® Code-Ready® Defibrillators and its Intravascular Temperature Management (IVTM™) technology, in Booth 4027 at the 2011 American College of Cardiology Annual Scientific Session & Expo meeting April 2-5 at the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center in New Orleans.
An Industry-Expert Theater event focused on the LifeVest entitled “Post-MI SCA Risk and Screening: The Role of the Wearable Defibrillator,” will be presented by Ralph J. Verdino, M.D., University of Pennsylvania, Sunday, April 3, 3:45 pm. in Hall C #2300.
The following four abstracts will also feature the LifeVest in the poster session area, Hall F:
• Nicole Bianco, Ph.D., ZOLL, will present “Long-Term Mortality Risk in Post-Myocardial Infarct Patients Resuscitated by a Wearable Cardiac Defibrillator,” Sunday, April 3, 10 am.
• Thomas F. Deering, M.D., Piedmont Heart Institute, will present “Wearable Defibrillator Use after Myocardial Infarction: Results of the WAMI Registry,” Monday, April 4, 3:30 pm.
• Mohan Rao, M.D., University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, will present “Wearable Defibrillator in Congenital Heart Disease and Inherited Arrhythmia: A Multicenter Experience,” Monday, April 4, 3:30 pm.
• Robert Hanson, D.O., Pontiac Osteopathic Hospital, will present “Clinical Outcomes among Patients Using a Wearable Defibrillator,” Tuesday, April 5, 9:30 am.
LifeVest Provides Protection for Patients at Risk of SCA
The LifeVest is worn by patients at risk for sudden cardiac arrest (SCA), providing protection during their changing condition and while permanent SCA risk has not been established. The LifeVest allows a patient’s physician time to assess his or her long-term arrhythmic risk and make appropriate plans. The LifeVest is lightweight and easy to wear, allowing patients to return to their activities of daily living, while having the peace of mind that they are protected from SCA. The LifeVest continuously monitors a patient’s heart and, if a life-threatening heart rhythm is detected, the device delivers a treatment shock to restore normal heart rhythm.
The LifeVest is used for a wide range of patient conditions or situations, including following a heart attack, before or after bypass surgery or stent placement, as well as for those with cardiomyopathy or congestive heart failure that places them at particular risk.
Additional products on display from ZOLL include:
• The AutoPulse, classified as a Class IIb device in the new 2010 AHA Guidelines, is an automated, portable device with an easy-to-use, load-distributing LifeBand® that squeezes the entire chest, improving blood flow to the heart and brain during SCA. The AutoPulse delivers high-quality, uninterrupted CPR chest compressions to maintain myocardial and cerebral perfusion even when moving patients, traveling in an ambulance or while undergoing PCI. Additionally, it offers the benefit of freeing up clinicians to focus on other life-saving interventions.
• The R Series Code-Ready Defibrillators are designed to extend “Simple, Smart and Ready” defibrillation to every hospital department through advanced, cost-effective solutions for resuscitation. The original R Series ALS, and the newer R Series Plus, which has both AED and ALS capabilities at the touch of a button, offer See-Thru CPR®, a breakthrough technology that filters out CPR artifact from the ECG to reduce CPR interruptions. Like all ZOLL defibrillators, the R Series also features Real CPR Help® audio and visual feedback for the correct depth and rate of chest compressions.
• Intravascular Temperature Management (IVTM) offers health care providers the power and control they need to rapidly, safely, and effectively manage the core body temperature of critically ill or surgical patients. The Thermogard XP® delivers accurate, easy-to-use and cost-effective control for both cooling and warming applications.
About ZOLL Medical Corporation
ZOLL Medical Corporation (zoll.com) develops and markets medical devices and related software solutions that help advance emergency care and save lives, while increasing clinical and operational efficiencies. With products for defibrillation and monitoring, circulation and CPR feedback, data management, fluid resuscitation, and therapeutic temperature management, ZOLL provides a comprehensive set of technologies which help clinicians, EMS and fire professionals, and lay rescuers treat victims needing resuscitation and critical care.
A NASDAQ Global Select company and a Forbes 100 Most Trustworthy Company for the past three years, ZOLL develops and manufactures its products in the United States, in California, Colorado, Illinois, Massachusetts, Pennsylvania, and Rhode Island. More than 400 direct sales and service representatives, 1,100 business partners, and 200 independent representatives serve our customers in over 140 countries around the globe.
Copyright © 2011 ZOLL Medical Corporation. All rights reserved. 269 Mill Road, Chelmsford, MA 01824-4105. AutoPulse, LifeVest, Real CPR Help, R Series, See-Thru CPR, Thermoguard XP, and ZOLL are trademarks or registered trademarks of ZOLL Medical Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. All product names are the property of their respective owners.